MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which exhaust would be best for a 2000 Spyder with a 2zz and MWR headers?
Looking for decent sound for a mid-range price.
Any for sale used?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Honestly most people are gonna tell you to swap headers cats and muffler, but thats crazy expensive. personally i went with mwr headders a top speed catless mid pipe (dont buy it its trash, already have to replace the flex pipe in it) and a custom exhaust. if your looking for cheap your gonna end up with the top speed exhaust off of mwr, but i didnt want one of the premade catback kits. if you or a friend knows how to weld, or can find an exhaust shop that will do it for cheaper i would order a muffler and have them weld it up. it will give you some good style and a good sound.this is the thread i started for figureing it out. Any info you might need is in there including the muffler that we used. its really not as bad as you think! hope this helped. if ya have any questions im here

·
Registered
401 Posts
The only headers worth buying if you care about performance on your swap is PPE or MWR....from there that determines which midpipe you get but really you’d want a high flow cat as well. Unfortunately neither of those is truly mid-range priced. Other headers will work fine, just a little less power. The muffler choice won’t matter as much, most anything will be less restrictive than the stock muffler. What is your definition of mid range price tag....that determines most of your answer

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Honestly most people are gonna tell you to swap headers cats and muffler, but thats crazy expensive. personally i went with mwr headders a top speed catless mid pipe (dont buy it its trash, already have to replace the flex pipe in it) and a custom exhaust. if your looking for cheap your gonna end up with the top speed exhaust off of mwr, but i didnt want one of the premade catback kits. if you or a friend knows how to weld, or can find an exhaust shop that will do it for cheaper i would order a muffler and have them weld it up. it will give you some good style and a good sound.this is the thread i started for figureing it out. Any info you might need is in there including the muffler that we used. its really not as bad as you think! hope this helped. if ya have any questions im here
Thank you so much. I will certainly look into it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The only headers worth buying if you care about performance on your swap is PPE or MWR....from there that determines which midpipe you get but really you’d want a high flow cat as well. Unfortunately neither of those is truly mid-range priced. Other headers will work fine, just a little less power. The muffler choice won’t matter as much, most anything will be less restrictive than the stock muffler. What is your definition of mid range price tag....that determines most of your answer
I'm not looking for crazy power or anything. Just looking for a bit more exhaust noise because right now all I hear is vacuum sounds from the side vent intake. I don't want to kill my ears (I daily this little thing), but I want a bit more growl than the stock exhaust. One other user mentioned a custom setup which is worth looking into.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts