MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can this be repaired in some manner or is something made to replace the unit. Possible can the wover material be brazed to the exhaust. Thank for any suggestions.

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
the most effective remedy that i can think of is to replace that sucker ...either aftermarket
[ i recmmend Che's] or there are plenty of oem one's that members have removed to get rid of the precat malady. i'm sure one of those could be purchased for cheep. just post up a "what to buy thread in the appropriate forum.

reweld....not likely to work

·
Registered
1,115 Posts

This attached image is similar to what a stock down-pipe with cat looks like. Is it one/both of these flex joints that broke? I don't think there are any other flex joints in the exhaust....

So assuming it was one of these joints: I agree with Duska (to get a good solution). But I wanted to save a few pennies so I pushed my muffler shop:

- They wanted $300 because they would have to measure how it should fit while installed, have me remove it, then they'd replace 1 or both flex joints.
- I said "how about I just drop it off and you replace one flex joint while leaving the other in a guide to maintain OEM spacing." The light went on in his head and he charged me $100 total.

While he did that I used a test pipe. Loud but fast...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts