MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is in the shop getting a new engine put in after the pre cats failed and a bunch of other junk the waranty only covered about 2/3 of the cost so I'm broke and need to replace my main cat but I don't have the money to shell out for the stock replacement so I'm going to just cut out and weld in a universal cat but need to know the exhaust pipe size where the cat is. The car is in the shop or I'd just take some calipers out and measure.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My car is in the shop getting a new engine put in after the pre cats failed and a bunch of other junk the waranty only covered about 2/3 of the cost so I'm broke and need to replace my main cat but I don't have the money to shell out for the stock replacement so I'm going to just cut out and weld in a universal cat but need to know the exhaust pipe size where the cat is. The car is in the shop or I'd just take some calipers out and measure.
I've got a magnaflow cat pipe that I purchased a few months ago when I got the car. Its not going to line up with my turbo setup. I'll make you a deal if you are interested in it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got a magnaflow cat pipe that I purchased a few months ago when I got the car. Its not going to line up with my turbo setup. I'll make you a deal if you are interested in it.
How much? And is it CARB compliant? The cat I bought is t going to work with the stock mounts 😖 half tempted to just try and blow all the shit from my pre cat out and run it 🙄😅

·
Registered
8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Has to be CA compliant otherwise the shop won't even put it on freaking California Nazi's 🤬 thanks anyways. Think I'm just going to clean this one out the best I can for now and hope for the best 😖 until I can afford the right one. Already spent $300 on the one I have just to find out it won't work. Not to mention I took the car in to "warranty" the motor with the Bs aftermarket warranty the dealership talked me into. Only 5 months after buying the nightmare🤬 Only to find out from the shop AFTER they already installed the new motor that the waranty only covered part of the cost and now I have to pull $1700 out of my a$$ to cover the rest. Single father of three it's a wee bit hard to come up with that kind of cash add the new cat on top... I'm up $h!ts creek without a paddle 😖🔫. Sorry man I know you don't need my life's story I'm just frustrated and pissed off beyond belief right now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts