MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
I don't know about the exhaust, but the last time I checked the temp. on my heat shield, (after a short highway run), it was up to 367 F. The photo is blurry but you can see the reading on my infrared thermometer reads 357.2 F. It dropped a few degrees before I had taken the photo. My air box was 161.2 F. The ambient air temp. was 63 F.

·
Registered
7,694 Posts
I don't know about the exhaust, but the last time I checked the temp. on my heat shield, (after a short highway run), it was up to 367 F. The photo is blurry but you can see the reading on my infrared thermometer reads 357.2 F. It dropped a few degrees before I had taken the photo. My air box was 161.2 F. The ambient air temp. was 63 F.
I don't believe you that the temp was that high. Please touch it and see if it crisps up your skin..

·
Banned
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow, that's... colder than I expected. I thought it'd be around 300C, not 300F.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Wow, that's... colder than I expected. I thought it'd be around 300C, not 300F.
As I said, it was a short run. Maybe 10 miles there and back. The temp. was quite a bit higher the first time I measured it, (after a 2 hour highway trip), but I didn't record it.
The thing that surprised me was the Air Filter box temp. 161F ! Not exactly a cold air intake. Admittedly this was measured at a stand still.
This made me start to thinking about reducing the air box temp. I'll start a new post showing what I came up with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts