MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my spyder back from the shop after my transmission went out. Also decided to pair it with the Competition Clutch lightweight flywheel and Exedy standard replacement clutch. As I do not race it I opted not to go with race clutches since they are usually more stiff. Car runs great and shifts smoothly, love the flywheel. The biggest difference was that my clutch is now extremely soft (feels like no resistance at all) a bit strange feeling. Asked the shop that put it in and they just said it was the technology of the pressure plate, everything should be fine, softer clutch for ease of driver? Does anyone have any experience with the Exedy clutch set and is yours really soft also? I would think a replacement clutch set will have similar resistance as stock?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Extemely soft clutch?

Thanks Levi, good to know, guess I just need to get use to it.
I've just replaced the clutch on my '03 with OEM parts from 1sttoyotaparts.com. Im not too happy either with the action. Not soft but very springy (?). I Seem to stall out of first gear and miss second. I couldn't find MT90 and went with Mobil1 in a pinch.

Trying to get used to it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.