MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought new BMW335i hardtop convertible for my 73rd birthday - dithering over selling my 2003 Spyder...it has Eibach springs,ground effect skirts, Injen cold air intake and KN filter, an after market Jap exhaust system (don't know name - it's in Japanese). I've owned it for 4 yrs and only used it in fine weather - top open! (top good). Solar yellow with black interior (one inch tear in drivers seat base).SMT6.Excellent condition with new Yokohama Sdrive tires, new serpentine belt.Always run on synthetic oil. Located in Arkansas (Hot Springs). PM with phone nbr and I'll call you.Asking 10k.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Royal, near Hot Springs, Arkansas.
I have some photos - steam-age camera - that I'm able to send e-mail -don't know how to post. (generational thing...computer challenged)) I'll borrow a digital camera and take some specifically oriented pictures. What I have are "family" type shots.
Cheers, Malcolm.
PS - just noticed photo-bucket reference (this is first time I've posted/replied...) Will explore.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I live in Hot Springs and have seen the you(yellow) a few times. I think i've counted about 8 spyders here. I have the white w/tan top.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Royal, near Hot Springs, Arkansas.
I have some photos - steam-age camera - that I'm able to send e-mail -don't know how to post. (generational thing...computer challenged)) I'll borrow a digital camera and take some specifically oriented pictures. What I have are "family" type shots.
Cheers, Malcolm.
PS - just noticed photo-bucket reference (this is first time I've posted/replied...) Will explore.
Send my friend some pictures at [email protected]
He's looking for one. Thank you so much.
Eric

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi Eric - I'll do my best, it'll take a day or two - this was a spur of the moment thing and unprepared - i haven't even advertised yet. Tks for the e-mail address.

Hi Olelucky - I've seen a few over the years and chatted with some owners - I once saw 4 on the same day at the Lowes mall on Central - however I'm amazed to hear you think there are as many as 8. Happy motoring!
Malcolm.

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
Funwagon, I think your car should sell quickly at that price. I hope an enthusiast gets it. GLWS.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi xbiker, thanks, I think yr right - after reading a few other posts with astronomical prices it seems I pitched low - as I've said it was a spur of the moment thing - 'n maybe a couple glasses of Scotch had something to do with it! I too hope it goes to an enthusiast - these great little cars deserve to become recognized classics. Judging from yr user name I guess you'll agree it's the nearest thing to riding a good bike with added stability and creature comforts - I often wince when i see a heavy tourer like a Goldwing with added rear wheel and hauling a baggage trailer, representing a cost way higher than an Mr2 - and I imagine handling like a brick s***house...
Eric, the ground effect skirts on the car look identical those on the blue one (Aos?) asking 15.5k.
Malcolm.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi Eric - I'll do my best, it'll take a day or two - this was a spur of the moment thing and unprepared - i haven't even advertised yet. Tks for the e-mail address.

Hi Olelucky - I've seen a few over the years and chatted with some owners - I once saw 4 on the same day at the Lowes mall on Central - however I'm amazed to hear you think there are as many as 8. Happy motoring!
Malcolm.
When you have some pictures, please send them to [email protected].
Thank you so much.

Eric

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
2003 Yellow smt6 36k miles

Hi Eric - I e-mailed pics to yr friend last evening at the address you gave me previously. I have not received any pm's from you. So far multiple attempts at posting pics here have failed.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hi Eric - I e-mailed pics to yr friend last evening at the address you gave me previously. I have not received any pm's from you. So far multiple attempts at posting pics here have failed.
Funwagon,

Sorry about that. I think he need to think about that and will contact to you if he want to go forward. Thank you for your times.

Best Regards,

Eric

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
Malcolm, PM me if these aren't the right pics!

Update: I added the two pics of the front bumper. Per Malcolm's post #19 below...
"after market fiberglass nose when i bought it. Lower lip about 3 inches from ground. As expected it grounded in a car park and was replaced by OEM. I still have it - split but repairable, anyone who wants it can have it." 2003 style bumper is currently installed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks

Hey Cyclehead - tks! You got half (7 of 14). I'm still bogged down in a morass of comptr ignorance... someone should be coming to help me sort things out today. It occurs to me that if I simply post a correct (!) link to Photobucket file (apparently you were able to use the address in my last failed attempt at posting pics) it will suffice for the whole bunch of 14. Currently stymied by huge print size on forum - don't know how I caused that and can't find way of correcting it. Makes pics oversize and less sharp - maybe they're better for other users on normal size. This whole thing would be hilarious if it wasn't so frustrating.
Many thanks for yr help. Malcolm.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Pic #7 and #8 in your album have 2 different front bumpers. All the other pics show it with an original front bumper (missing fog lights), but #7 shows it with an aftermarket front bumper. Which of these is currently on the car? Any accidents?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Pic #7 and #8 in your album have 2 different front bumpers. All the other pics show it with an original front bumper (missing fog lights), but #7 shows it with an aftermarket front bumper. Which of these is currently on the car? Any accidents?
I believe they are different cars. Look at the seats.

Good luck with the sale; great looking car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
pics '03 yellow smt6

Just lost long and comprehensive reply ! This attempt will be shorter.
The pics are of the same car. It had after market fiberglass nose when i bought it. Lower lip about 3 inches from ground. As expected it grounded in a car park and was replaced by OEM. I still have it - split but repairable, anyone who wants it can have it.
I fitted new side marker lights, but not spots or badge or little cap for tow hook- old nose didn't have them. The car was not damaged beyond fiberglass nose - any inspection is welcome. The pictures are representative - if anything they don't do justice to glossy paintwork. For more info please PM yr phone nbr and I'll call you and answer any questions . Cheers Malcolm.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
03 solar yellow smt6 36k miles

I seem to have caused some confusion with post#8 - The price mentioned on that post referred to another car listed here - my car is offered at 10k.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts