MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
actually looks alright. but the bodywork behind the front wheels is a giveaway, looks a bit odd. also the rear cover is black, ferraris have clear ones which display the engine. but im actually surprised at the exhaust note, it could fool someone whos not a total car nut!

·
Registered
782 Posts
the rear cover is black, ferraris have clear ones which display the engine.
It would be funny to see with the clear cover and 1ZZ. The car looks AMAZING and would fool a lot of people.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
I'll rather buy the real thing and actually have the power to back it up.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I'll rather buy the real thing and actually have the power to back it up.
+1, couldn't afford it though. Not a fan of misrepresenting with a kit but it is well done and looks good compared to other ones out there.

·
Registered
66 Posts
i wonder how much that cost when all was said and done?

·
Registered
614 Posts
Enough for you to buy a 355 or 360 if you look hard enough. Better to have the real thing then a knock off.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Except the mr2 replica wouldn't cost so much in maintenance and be more reliable... but then you may as well just buy a NSX if you want a reliable supercar.

As a concept, this thing looks great, as always the A pillar is the dead give away, i want to know how they achieved that exhaust note. Its either fake ( ie. speakers ) or maybe an engine swap?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Except the mr2 replica wouldn't cost so much in maintenance and be more reliable... but then you may as well just buy a NSX if you want a reliable supercar.

As a concept, this thing looks great, as always the A pillar is the dead give away, i want to know how they achieved that exhaust note. Its either fake ( ie. speakers ) or maybe an engine swap?
I'm pretty sure it's still a 1zz with a big exhaust. Indeed the A pillar is a give away, also when the windows are up you can definatly see the more rounded shape of the window versus the sharp line of the original.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Here's a replica with some balls. (Not MR-2 based)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts