MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I didn't think this day would come so soon, but here we are. I have had an absolute blast over the past few years with my MR2, but it is time to move on to my next "toy" and there is only room in the garage for one. This is the last picture of the Deuce before it gets traded in tomorrow. It is a 2004 3P0, MT with Top Secret Bodykit and a bunch of other goodies...

For anyone that is wondering what exactly is taking it's place. Here she is... a 2009 BMW M3 Convertible, Interlagos Blue Metallic with 4.0L V8 boasting a whopping 414 HP. I'm in love...

·
Registered
698 Posts
Don't let the door get you on the way out. See you...Bye

Why did you even come back to check on this thread get out here!

NOW!!!

J/K ... have fun with the M3

·
Registered
770 Posts
I am sure you must have your reasons for trading it in. Personally, I think you could have gotten more money posting it here since it looks to be in excellent condition.

Did you try to offer it to other members?

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So when I traded my MR2 in at the dealership, there was a guy there (maybe 60 yrs old) with his son (maybe 23 yrs old) and they were buying a red Ferarri 360. They initially were going to buy the Ferrari (for the dad) and a red BMW M3 (for the son), but the BMW M3 they wanted to look at was sold earlier that day. They were admiring my MR2 and asking questions about it while the sales guy was doing the paperwork for my new M3. All of a sudden, the dad turns to his son and says "do you want it?" His son looks at him and goes "YES". So they walk over to the salesman, offer him $13,250 for it (they gave me $12,500 as a trade) and just like that, SOLD.

I gave them all my contact info so I could keep in touch with them and answer any questions they may have about the aftermarket parts. It made me very happy on a couple of notes - 1) I knew the car was going to a good home. The father and son were very nice. 2) I'll be able to stay in touch with them and get updates about the car. And 3) The dealer didn't turn around and rape somebody on it for 3-4k more than they gave me for it.

Once he contacts me, I will certainly point him in the direction of Spyderchat and let him know about all the great info and helpful individuals here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.