MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I learned something new today after about two hours of troubleshooting that someone may someday find helpful....

I had to replace the vsv for evap valve today as I was getting a P0451 error and I realized that I had used the valve off the 2ZZ when swapping engines rather than the one off the 1ZZ.

So as soon as I swapped the valves and started the car I was getting a flashing ABS light. I figured I had accidentally hooked a hose up wrong or something. It was really weird, as long as you were moving the ABS light would turn off and stop blinking, as soon as you came to a stop however it would start again and it was totally unrelated to engine RPM. I wasn't sure where to go next with this.

I finally gave up with car and came in the house and started researching on the internet and I finally found my answer.

I went back in the garage and unplugged the OBD2 reader and the flashing ABS light went out. WTH?!?!? I took it for a spin, it's fine now and running great no problems with brakes or anything, LOL. Sure enough, plug the reader back in and the ABS light starts flashing again. Go figure :)

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
That has come up before.. Same Problem.. SOMETHING plugged into OBD2 Port..

Kinda Strange..

Cap

·
Registered
23,066 Posts
It was a typical problem with the Scangauge for some people and others like myself did not have that problem. I do not think it effects all Spyders

1 - 4 of 4 Posts