MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over time my Spyder has lost a few fasteners, need some help with part numbers or sources if possible. Specifically:
The ones that hold the center brake light in place
The ones that hold the "second" decklid (the W shaped piece that mounts under the slatted part of the decklid)
The ones that hold the upper lip of the rear bumper

Digging through a couple of online catalogs I don't see much in the way of fasteners.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Over time my Spyder has lost a few fasteners, need some help with part numbers or sources if possible. Specifically:
The ones that hold the center brake light in place
The ones that hold the "second" decklid (the W shaped piece that mounts under the slatted part of the decklid)
The ones that hold the upper lip of the rear bumper

Digging through a couple of online catalogs I don't see much in the way of fasteners.
ToyoDIY has great parts lists, but no diagrams. The online parts sellers often have the diagrams. Try

https://parts.lakelandtoyota.com/

90159-A0034 (90159-50311) - The ones that hold the center brake light in place. This isn't shown on all diagrams, but it is found HERE.
90159-50374 - The ones that hold the "second" decklid (the W shaped piece that mounts under the slatted part of the decklid)
52161-16010 - The ones that hold the upper lip of the rear bumper

Note: There are errors in the catalogs on some fasteners as Toyota has superseded parts to generic numbers that may not be exactly the same, so you may or may not get the right parts every time. These are often noted in ToyoDIY as " STD PART" which means it is probably just a standard metric fastener and nothing special

The plastic type clips or push pins like 52161-16010 are common parts used in the auto body industry and can often be sourced from aftermarket companies for much less than from Toyota. For example, that part lists for $2.67 each from Toyota but you can buy 100 for under $10 on eBay

·
Registered
734 Posts
ToyoDIY has great parts lists, but no diagrams. The online parts sellers often have the diagrams. Try

https://parts.lakelandtoyota.com/

90159-A0034 (90159-50311) - The ones that hold the center brake light in place. This isn't shown on all diagrams, but it is found HERE.
90159-50374 - The ones that hold the "second" decklid (the W shaped piece that mounts under the slatted part of the decklid)
52161-16010 - The ones that hold the upper lip of the rear bumper

Note: There are errors in the catalogs on some fasteners as Toyota has superseded parts to generic numbers that may not be exactly the same, so you may or may not get the right parts every time. These are often noted in ToyoDIY as " STD PART" which means it is probably just a standard metric fastener and nothing special

The plastic type clips or push pins like 52161-16010 are common parts used in the auto body industry and can often be sourced from aftermarket companies for much less than from Toyota. For example, that part lists for $2.67 each from Toyota but you can buy 100 for under $10 on eBay
Quite true Watson!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts