MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,702 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After detailing the car for a day, I have come to enjoy my new 19.2 volt impact wretch. Sure better than dragging out the air tools.

And for detailing a dry micro fiber wash mitt is great for drying the areas that a micro fiber towel can't quite get into. I.E. areas on the wheels, rear plastic panel and so on.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Husky ratchet best part it also ratchets in the direction you set it to when you spin the handle. Too bad they discontinued this tool as I would love to have a spare. Been used to do 8 motor swaps and still ticking.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
breaker bar. always works when I need it. makes life easier.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Lately it has been my 22 ounce, Estwing, framing hammer. I have been redoing the interior of my parents former rental, after we evicted the non-paying tenant ($12000 in back rent due), in Four Corners, Md. We are going to move my parents into it because it is more "older person friendly" than their house in Colesville, Md.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I have an old pair of pliers that were my dad's.. They are kinda pointed and bend about 45*. It's a random tool that has come to the rescue countless times.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Open ended wrench, belonged to my Grandfather. 10mm and 12 mm. "Toyota" stamped into the casting.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
I hate switchblades. I've had one go off while in my pocket one time too many. I'll take a conventional folding knife (no spring) that is just loose enough to whip out. Being a chef and currently a butcher I have always had straight edge blades, but my current knife is serrated like this one and I have to admit, I like the versatility, just makes sharpening annoying.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Used to be a Dremel but those tips break too often.

Now: A mid/high end cordless screwdriver/drill. Needed with it is an extra battery on the charger, cutoff blades, wire wheel, rotary metal buffing wheels, etc.

Yesterday before I worked on the car I found myself taking a buffing wheel to my older leather boots and shoes.

·
Registered
5,317 Posts
oxy acetalene torch, big screw driver, no bounce hammer. Let the fun begin!

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Ice maker in the freezer. A quick push puts the right amount of ice in a glass in preparation for 3 fingers of Basil Hayden or Woodford.

·
Registered
471 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Used to be a Dremel but those tips break too often.

Now: A mid/high end cordless screwdriver/drill. Needed with it is an extra battery on the charger, cutoff blades, wire wheel, rotary metal buffing wheels, etc.

Yesterday before I worked on the car I found myself taking a buffing wheel to my older leather boots and shoes.
Yeah, I love my dremel too. When I use it, I go through tips like crazy if I'm not careful, so I know what you're talking about.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The Letherman wave with it's locking blades and tools are wonderful. The lifetime warranty and exchange couldn't be easier.
Love my Makita flashlight. The multipositon lens makes working on projects a lot easier, especially sinks. The li battery charges in 15-20 mins. I wish the bulb was LED though, shouldn't be to hard to get a replacement.
The Makita air compressor http://www.makitaaircompressor.org/ replaced my Devilbiss. The Makita is really quiet by comparison. I can have a conversation in the garage without shouting. The Devilbiss sounded like an uncorked chooper. I eventually donated it goodwill. One day while going for an evening stroll I heard the unmistakable staccato concussions of the beast. As I walked closer I saw that someone had my old air compressor, old hose, connections, stickers and all.
I was told the sound an air compressor makes is due to the maintenance (add oil) type of aircompressor vs. the maiintenance free type.
The Makita is advertised as portable, however at 70lbs it stretches that defination. So I mounted mine on a four wheel hand truck and a retractable hose.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts