MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up fellow MRS lovers, Figured it was about time I posted up some spyder pic's.
Lightly modded, and a blast to drive. I have had this spyder for about 7 years (88kmiles) and have baby'd it sense, purchased from a family friend who is an older lady that purchased right off the lot. :cool:

Future plans? I genuinely plan to eventually move the car into my house and purchase a different sports car, or maybe even another MRS with a turbo wide body. I have grown attached to this car and love the looks but I do realize this car is going on 90k Miles and have been saving for another sporty purchase. Plus I would like to just have it as a piece of art in the living room ;]

Also posted is my 2004 CBR600rr with 12k miles on it, its a freekin blast! Ever imagine a 4 cylinder strapped to your junk? Well this is just that.

Mod list includes...
(Performance)
- PPE Headers/ catless DP
- Che lotus style catback
- 6 Speed swap
- ACT clutch
- MWR flywheel
- Aem CAI
- Tuned apexi

(Bracing/Suspension)
- Corkys BP
- Koni struts (4th pair! :[)
- TRD springs
- Aftermarket pillow mounts
- FSTB
- RSTB
- Che front under brace

(ECT..)
- MOMO seat pair (In the mail)
- MOMO steering wheel
- 215/45 Falken azenis (Best wheel and tire combo I have ever used. And I have used alot!)
- Enkei EDR9 16''
- Rolled fenders
- HID fog lights (not pictured)

CBR600RR Mod list
- M4 Full exhaust
- Tuned power commander to 110hp

·
Registered
731 Posts
Love it! Awesome garage. The wall of wheels is making me druel, :p .

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Love the pic with the MK1, MK2, and MK3 all next to each other. Good lookin car!!
Old employees cars, surprising to have all 3 gens working together. Also got the chance to drive them and was pleased to own the 3rd gen hah! Even though they always tease me that its the "girly year"

My ass-_-

Thanks guys

·
Registered
312 Posts
Sweet spyder! The cbr is awesome too, if I were to buy a motorcycle that would definitely be one of my top choices.

Also, you must have a gigantic house to have a car in there as a piece of art haha.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks man, CBR's are dominant in the sport bike world right next to Yamaha. But you get the reliability of a Honda, without having to drive a Honda car lol.

We have this weird little like island that is right above the living room in front of the entry door that is measured to fit my car perfect! Just need new front doors to slip the car in :/ For sure not ready to put her to sleep just yet. And the house is only 1,200 sq/ft not too CRAY

·
Registered
617 Posts
I don't think I've ever seen a blue CBR, sexy. :drool:

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Little update...
I have been driving my MR-s on a track here called Austin Driveway, about 15 min's from the Circuit of the Americas, and its fantastic! Decided after I get my racing license I will pick up a formula mazda for track duties. I was able to drive one on this track last week and it is indescribable the amount of power and grip these open wheel cars have, there is nothing like it! I'm addicted.
But on a sad note..... My lovely girlfriend did not see my car behind hers in the driveway and backed up on my new face lift bumper!!! :slap::slap::slap:

Think its fixable?

My little paradise

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
Ooh oohh I'm actually in the market for a 07 CBR600rr. But i'm as they say vertically challenged and even worst shorter legs than average :lol:. Can you tell me about seat height on your CBR? Is it bad for a shorter person? Whats your stature and inseam? I'm 5'5", not sure inseam but wear 28 length pants.

Sorry for thread drift :lol:

.. and oh yea, that'll buff out.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ooh oohh I'm actually in the market for a 07 CBR600rr. But i'm as they say vertically challenged and even worst shorter legs than average :lol:. Can you tell me about seat height on your CBR? Is it bad for a shorter person? Whats your stature and inseam? I'm 5'5", not sure inseam but wear 28 length pants.

Sorry for thread drift :lol:

.. and oh yea, that'll buff out.
Well I gotta say owning a motorcycle is great and 100% worth it. I'm 5'11 and cant put my feet flat on the road when stopped but you defenatly see shorter riders out there, my only concern would be catching the bike when its leaning too far over.
Goto your local dealer and check one out, ask to walk it around and see if your comfy with it. If you dont have much experience on a bike, I strongly recommended taking the class. There you get experience and dont have to worry about messing up your own bike.
And of course cbr's are the best way to go!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Got some work done recently!
New bride knockoff seats and painted c-one vents (Also a few braces not pictured). I love the way the seats grip you, there is so much more confidence in the grip level. The side vents look amazing also, But terrible fitment.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.