MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After years, I finally got a digital camera!!
So, here's my Spyder.

And extra.
My room's Spyder area.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys!

This is 2001 Spyder with mostly Toyota/TRD parts.

Originally posted by AuburnSpyder+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AuburnSpyder)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-NovaSpyder
I like the the rear grille looks with the painted caps
Might try that myself
I think those are small reflectors.[/b]
and yes, they are small reflectors.
They were happen to be just right size.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good looking Spyder you have there Katz.

Pep Boys sells the reflectors in sets of two, one yellow and the other red. Think they run something like two or three dollars. They come in a self sticking "chrome" rim. Just pop out the actual reflector from the rim and the reflector fits just perfect in the knock outs.

Just a warning - it is illegal to have yellow reflectors anywhere except on the side in California so stick with the red for the back.

Here is how it looks on a silver...

·
Registered
870 Posts
8)

Originally posted by huan
whats that trim on the doors?
yeah that seems pretty useful for any kind of dings at gas stations... I always hit the door on the pillars ... :cry: but no dents or chips...

·
Registered
10,808 Posts
dman™...never saw a Spyder shrine before...

Please tell me you get out every once in a while. I hate to think SC is contributing to a future psychopath who would go out and shoot someone because they touched his car.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by huan
whats that trim on the doors?
If the trim you are talking about is the black trim on out side of the door, it's just a generic door trim, you can get anywhere.
The silver trim inside of door is from Toyota Japan.
I personally imported "Silver Seat Cover & Door Trim Set" from Japan.
I had to make a hole to the seat cover because it was for right hand drive car.

Originally posted by ekang315
yeah that seems pretty useful for any kind of dings at gas stations... I always hit the door on the pillars ... but no dents or chips...
Even with the door trim, I myself made a dent on my Spyder inside of my garage when I opened another car's door.

...It was less than one month after I got my Spyder.

Originally posted by DaSpyda
dman™...never saw a Spyder shrine before...

Please tell me you get out every once in a while. I hate to think SC is contributing to a future psychopath who would go out and shoot someone because they touched his car.
I have to shoot all those truk drivers, I guess.
Because of them, my car got chips all over!!

Even wíndshield wiper's arm got chiped.
Is there touch up paint for windsield wiper arm?

·
Registered
26,913 Posts
Don't follow so closely is the only advice I can give. I had the same thing on a Mazda... much thinner paint than Toyota's. Those frigging trucks drive me nuts, too. I avoid them like the plague. Especially when you see sand and rocks, but they could be carrying nothing and just whipping rocks up of the road with their big tires. Spyder vs. Godzilla!

·
Registered
250 Posts
good looking spyder katz. i too hate big rigs! i guess they are just doing their job, but you must not follow too closely. i already have a few rock chips on my hood and a small chip in my front windshield.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
From the right, the largest Spyder model is from a local hobby shop.
AutoArt is well known diecast model brand, and most hobby shop should know it.
In my case, the shop didn't have a Spyder, so I ordered one.
It was kinda expensive, close to $60, but now this shop is selling the Spyder for $30.
I guess, no one but me bought this thing.

The red one in the center and two dark and light blue ones come from a local discount shop.
They were only $3 each!

Brand is "KiNSMART"
I made the shadow box by myself.

On the left hand side, the little silver MR-S, I personally imported from Japan.
It is limited edition Choro-Q from Netz Toyota.
Netz is one of the Toyota dealer brand in Japan.

And there is a small red one, which you can only see the top of it because it's covered by the MR-S sign.
It is a small RC car, you can see the remote there.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts