MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

steering angle after widening track width using my custom steering rack spacers in conjunction with the battle version front arms. not sure if this lock-to-lock angle is more than stock, i havent much to compare this to.

still need an alignment, but right now this suspension is as follows:
  • coilovers with camber plates clocked to push upper rotation point outwards and rearwards to give more caster and reduce scrub radius
  • bv front lca's set wide and slightly forward to counter the wheelbase shortening that the caster change has
  • steering rack spacers to allow tierod to reach out wider
  • camber bolts for camber adjustmen
no wheel well rubbing, able to run my +46 offset wheels in front and still fill in my flare width

update: pics:

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
I need more info. The reason I won't go widebody or fender flares is I don't like changing the scrub radius and the way it makes the steering feel when the axis is not in the center of the tire tread.

Subscribed!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nope, it's CLP, but i modded them to extend the front portion downwards. i did kinda over-tighten a bolt and screwed up one corner at the bottom of the left fender. oops. i'll use touchup paint i guess.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

this is how it looked before i started my re-do on the flares. the wheels in front were quite tucked. not so much anymore, but it'll be a few months till it's back on the road since my rear wheels are out for work .

·
Registered
14 Posts
—Geez, didn’t even notice the three-spoke wheels. Hat’s off, you made it work! I don’t EVER like three-spoke wheels, but you pulled it off! Looks totally right!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
—Geez, didn’t even notice the three-spoke wheels. Hat’s off, you made it work! I don’t EVER like three-spoke wheels, but you pulled it off! Looks totally right!
oh yeah, the regular SA3R advan splitspoke 3's would look awful on this. the car itself is a really simple lookin' car, so with a little complexity from the fender flares, it helps it flow into really busy wheels. this means multi-piece wheels that have lots of little details around the edge of the face and the lip.

i have a personal preference for simple spokes to bring the center of the wheel back to a simpler shape after going crazy at the 3 piece lip with all those bolts and rings.

Generation II vs Version 2.

TBH this would look nice with a set of SSR longchamps as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts