MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thank you to all that have given some hints, advise and help. I decided to make new struts and springs my first "moderate" project on my spyder. I went with KYB and TIEN due to cost and reviews from folks here on the site. It is the normal drop with the springs, 1.2-1.4 I believe. I also put a cusco 1" front swaybar on that I got from a member over at another site. I got a short shifter from Mike here also, wow is that short!! But I like it ....

nothing amazing, but if i can figure out how to post pics ill show the before and after..

Again, thx to all that helped me with info and reviews..... next up, hopefully is a 6 speed from Curt, as soon as I get some funding put back together.... I have a job interview tomorrow, so maybe I'll be able to have some more fun soon!! ;)

·
Registered
782 Posts
Second that motion, I did the TRD braces, top and bottom, front and back. Make a big difference.
I totally agree, bracing is really worth it on these cars!

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
good work

fix the ears. contact Dev he has a solution

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ok, call me stupid ...... "Ears"?
Ears....I don't see why people make such a fuss over them.

See, razzer drives a Spyder, and he didn't notice them (I didn't either)....my bet is nary 1 in 1000 people who don't drive them would notice either.

A few times I tried to lower the top and make sure they were tucked in nice and neat....then, oh well, if they stick up, they stick up.

If I'm riding with you guys, or in a parade, or car show, I'll tuck them in....otherwise, I drop the top from the seat and don't think of them. :lol:

Oh, nice car.....the tan on black looks sharp. I'd love to see the short shifter (curious as to how much lower).

·
Registered
5,400 Posts
Well the ear thing is just good pratice for OEM tiddiness, looks like it should.

Bracing for starters, BP and FSTB.

Drive for permagrin.

Nice spyder!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok, so I went and bought back the wheels I has on my first spyder. I called the guy to tell me the sizes, since I put alot of time into researching the right size for me ..... bad part is I traveled a bit to get them back, and he had not cared for them anywhere near as well as I would have. They still look ok though ......

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes, it was used a office space before I moved in. It's just vinyl tile. But the back of the building will have a 9k lb lift hopefully before end of year. I do all my own work, and right now this is the spot. Only real bad part is chemicals, if I don't collect them correctly.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts