MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi i bought hard top for MRS,is hard take off soft top and fit hard top on?
anyone have can tell me how can take off softtop and fit hard top on?

cheers

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
anyone have can tell me how can take off softtop and fit hard top on?

cheers
Most people do not remove the soft top and there is no need to remove the soft top, unless you just don't like it. It takes me (with the help of someone else) less than 2 minutes to install or remove the hard top.

If you send me a PM with your email address, I can send a couple of PDF files about hardtop installation and maintenence that might answer you questions.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Most people do not remove the soft top and there is no need to remove the soft top, unless you just don't like it. It takes me (with the help of someone else) less than 2 minutes to install or remove the hard top.

If you send me a PM with your email address, I can send a couple of PDF files about hardtop installation and maintenence that might answer you questions.
PM send
yea i like convertible feel,but my soft top got some damage (last owner said some ppl try break soft top in to car)when rainning day lot water in space behind seat

·
Registered
312 Posts
This may not be entirely due to the damage done to the top.
Check your drains.
I highly recommend you do this, my soft top had a small tear and although it would let some water through, it is nothing compared to the amount of water that clogged storm drains will let in. If you park your car outside this is a must.

·
Registered
21 Posts
hardtop fitting

anyone have can tell me how can take off soft top and fit hard top on?

cheers
i am new to this,but the hardtop can be fitted with the soft top in the open position.>.

·
Registered
3,594 Posts
i am new to this,but the hardtop can be fitted with the soft top in the open position.>.
No. You will store the soft top in the down position -- same place it goes when you lower the top to drive topless. The Soft top does not have to be removed from the car to have a hard top. When the soft top is down (in the storage area behind the seats, it actually becomes the shelf under the window of the hard top when the hard top is installed on the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts