MR2 SpyderChat banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I tracked down a TTE kit last year from supplier and had it installed in my '05 US spec MR2 Spyder which imported to Canada in '08. The car was fun to drive before but now it is VERY fun!

'05 MR2 Spyder, TTE turbo, exhaust, lowering springs, chassis brace, stabilizer bars and alloy wheels

·
Registered
5 Posts
VVTI not function after turbo.

Was using Power Enterprise turbo kits.
Engine all stock and ori injector
runing 7psi
so far no problem.

After change 400cc injector Engine seem problem VVTI not function.

So any master here can help.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
Was using Power Enterprise turbo kits.
Engine all stock and ori injector
runing 7psi
so far no problem.

After change 400cc injector Engine seem problem VVTI not function.

So any master here can help.
Did you use any type of engine management to scale down the new injectors? That's the only problem I can see you having as a result of larger injectors.

If I remember correctly, the original injectors would be maxed out before 7 psi. You can use an injector calculator to verify that.... So, you were probably getting knock when you used stock injectors and you are probably getting knock still.

Even on larger injectors, the Power Enterprise kit would knock at stock boost (@4 psi) without some sort of ECU tuning. I saw this occur on more than one car with the full PE kit installed on it (using the PE fuel regulator for fuel correction.) My advice would be to not use boost or you may damage your engine...then get a standalone ECU with professional tuning or remove the PE kit from the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Did you use any type of engine management to scale down the new injectors? That's the only problem I can see you having as a result of larger injectors.

If I remember correctly, the original injectors would be maxed out before 7 psi. You can use an injector calculator to verify that.... So, you were probably getting knock when you used stock injectors and you are probably getting knock still.

Even on larger injectors, the Power Enterprise kit would knock at stock boost (@4 psi) without some sort of ECU tuning. I saw this occur on more than one car with the full PE kit installed on it (using the PE fuel regulator for fuel correction.) My advice would be to not use boost or you may damage your engine...then get a standalone ECU with professional tuning or remove the PE kit from the car.
Thank for the advice, i am using emanage blue for the tuning. before install this ATP 400 injector everything seem ok.

After install and tuning this ATP 400 injector my engine VVTI not function and some say that is normal if install turbo. Mean got turbo no VVTI.

Is that true.

Thank.:wub::wub:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Turbo Fun

Thought I would add my two cents for anyone trying to squeeze more grunt out of the 1ZZ by adding a turbo.

Do IT. Don't wait. You will only wish you had done it sooner

I've been running a Turbo Kits methanol injection system trouble free for approximately 10 months now. Pretty painless installation, partially because Jesse and co. readily available for advice and respond promptly to inquiries. OK that was enough of an advertisement for Turbo Kits, but if you have ever been left swaying in the breeze after a company cashed your check you will really appreciate the support the people at this company provide.

About the turbo, a gas and a half. I can only say three things "bad". ;o} This comment only applies If you over 50, in my case over 60, talk to Jesse about a more effective muffler. For me the car is buzzy at speed (+80), on the other hand my 30 something sons delight in the exhaust whenever they drive it.-and boy do they like to drive it. Two, after installing the turbo you will immediately develop an all consuming desire for the eurospec 6 speed with the long legs or the corolla 5th gear option to take advantage of all the available grunt and put it up higher oh the speedometer. Three you must find a way to get the grin off your face rapidly after you get out of the car if you are going to drive it to work. Most of the management team thinks I'm laughing at them in the morning meetings, but then, maybe I really am!

·
Registered
124 Posts
i'm assuming that a 2zz from a lotus would swap right in? Please forgive my newbiness :)

The engine is the same, but nothing just "swaps right in." there's going to be modification as the 2zz was never an option with the spyder. There are parts available to make the swap easier.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts
About this Discussion
90 Replies
55 Participants
tbone61970
MR2 SpyderChat
SpyderChat Forum is a community for Toyota MR2 Spyder Enthusiasts to discuss specs, reliability and more!
Full Forum Listing