MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For Sale: 1ZZ-FE Motor & C56 5 Speed Trans - 59,xxx miles - Working with no issues.

All items Sold Update: Will accept trade for Guns and/or MR2 items (Looking for Hard Top, OEM Stage 1 kit, new soft top, perhaps other items)

Trevor, Wisconsin
Located on the Illinois/Wisconsin border near both Chicago and Milwaukee.

Price:
Motor: $900.00 - SOLD
Transmission: $500.00 - including shipping to lower 48

Payment: Paypal, Cash, Certified Bank Check, Trade (MR2 items, Guns)

Item: 56 5 Speed Trans w/ 59,xxx miles.

Transmission does not currently include the shift linkage (used on my 6 speed)

Condition:
The trans is the original from my 2002 MR2 and has 59,xxx miles respectively. I am the original owner of the vehicle and can speak to all maintenance and use. I purchased this vehicle new in 2001 no shifting or gear issues. I used RedLine MT Oil.

This car has always been garage kept. Bolts/nuts etc reflect this and are all intact and in good shape (not corroded).
Reason for selling:
I upgraded to a 2zz motor and 6 speed transmission from a 2006 Lotus Elise (see swap thread for details on that).

Type of driving:
I did autocross for aproximately 2 seasons, though because I ran race tires (thanks Mr Ramsey!) it was a trailer queen to events (in Joliet mostly). I was never competitive, though I did give it a good run. It became a time sink and I could not maintain. I would say I attended less than 10 events in total for what it is worth. The MR2 is one of 3 cars I own, and is mainly used to commute to work on days worthy of a convertible or a night on the town. Kids now prevent the latter. The car had been driven with the spirit one would expect of a 2 seat roadster while I was in command, and more like a Corolla when my wife was at the helm. Most miles were accumulated from commuting to Chicago for work or longer road trips (deals gap etc.) I am not a fan of stupid driving which in my opinion includes burnouts and clutch drops, so these were never done/attempted in my vehicle.
Terms:
Shipping is at the expense of the buyer.

Acceptable methods of payment include: Cash, Certified Bank Check, Paypal. Paypal fees are the responsibility of the buyer.

This item is avaialble for viewing, just contact me to work out a date/time. If you are semi local, I can arrange personal delivery of the trans.

Transmission is sold as is, no warranties expressed or implied, not valid in all states, void where prohibited, yada yada :p. I would very much like to offer a warranty, or personal guarantee because I know the motor and trans are solid, however there are too many rotten eggs (see people) out there who would perhaps take advantage of that, so no dice.

Pictures:

Any additional pictures avialable upon request.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Bump for amazing price!!! Wish I had bought this - I recently purchased a trans from a member with 130k miles for $500. Don't get me wrong, the trans runs extremely strong and is 4/5 stars on how it works, but still... DO NOT LET ANYONE LOWBALL YOU! This price should be FIRM and NON-NEGOTIABLE, lol. Happy Spydering! :)

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Motor has been sold (recieved payment) and I have an interested party in the transmission, though no payments have been received. I will consider the transmission still for sale unless otherwise stated.

Thanks all!

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Buyer of the 1ZZ-FE,

Okay, so the motor is crated and ready to go. I am hoping I can drop it off at the depot for shipping tomorrow. I made a few video's, one if the motor just after I disconnected the trans and the other after I completed the crate/mounting. Two reasons, one, while I obviously cannot start the motor, being able to turn the crank 360 at least proves that the motor isn't completely seized. Again, it was pulled in 100% working condition. The second video is how the motor is crated to the pallet. This is for insurance purposes (it should arrive in the same condition I sent it etc) and also, it's always good to see the progression of your large purchases, some reassurance I haven't ran off to vegas with your cash =).

Below is a location you can browse photos of stuff I also have that I dont need. Feel free to let me know if your interested in anything prices are below.

Video 1 - Removal of trans and turnable crank
Video 2 - Post crate of 1zz-fe

http://www.ekoesling.com/misc/mr2_stuff/

Tailights: 175
Bra: 50
Wheels: 100
Vent: 160
Gauge Pillar: 40
Team Moon Dual: 75
Air Filter: 25

·
Registered
203 Posts
Highly recommended

I purchased the 1zz from ekoesling. He is a great guy and I highly recommend him. He kept me informed every step of the sales process and responded quickly to every question I had for him. He also followed up with me after the sale to make sure everything was as promised. I will definitely be doing business with him again :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.