MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the brashboy modified PFC with controler and wire harness for sale. Brashboy in Japan said that the PFC could be reverted to work on a standard transmission if shipped back to them for modification.
$500 obo

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I have Emanage Blue for a 1zzfe and was going to try on my smt but this seems more reliable if anyone wants my emanage blue so I can have this for the smt.

Just throwing it out there.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I sold my MR2 about a year ago. I have been holding onto parts hoping to buy another mr2 in the future.... but I got too much stuff in storage. I Have a top secret header and down pipe I want to sell but I am not sure I want to try and ship it out of state... rather just do local.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This PFC is sold.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Yaos:

ONLY if the SMT TCU has been replaced with the Latest Software Update.. Else it will 'Clutch Kick' at the org red line..

Cap

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Actually, the TCU has to have been replaced, and have the Latest Software.. So far no one is clamming to be able to re-flash TCU's.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Actually, the TCU has to have been replaced, and have the Latest Software.. So far no one is clamming to be able to re-flash TCU's.
Yup, pre-mid-2003's are unflashable, mid-2003's and later are supposedly flashable (Toyota put out a service bulletin with instructions on how to do it), but no ones attempted to 'jailbreak' one yet. I guess risk vs. reward with something that expensive with little to gain (quicker shift times, maybe) just isn't worth it.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
whoops, was thinking ECU when I typed that.

TCU has no software that I'm aware of, its more like the nerve center of the ECU's brain.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
If you look on the TCU cover, there will be a Software Revision Number on the Lower Right Side.. In the Paper label

Cap

1 - 13 of 13 Posts