MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Spyderchat Enthusiast
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new Scion FR-S release is bringing some new TRD products to market. I will be grabbing one of these for my 6 speed swap.

·
Spyderchat Enthusiast
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I really love my speed source metal ball + Neck. IIRC it is 190g which is a perfect weight for shifting a quickshit it is almost effortless. It is about the size of a Q-ball so it's a better size than the TRD knob (which does work well for the beer keg)

come in colors to DH should be able to hook you up.

The only downside is that in hot weather it does get hot but a sock or other cover prophylactically solves that one negative.

So what you are saying is that you slide protection over your knob when it gets hot and that keeps you safe. Good to know.

·
Spyderchat Enthusiast
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HATE to give everybody hopes up including myself but they run almost $200 and DONT fit out MR2 Spyders.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRD-2012-20...Parts_Accessories&hash=item519f6944df&vxp=mtr
Interesting because the tread is the same. Could it just be that it has a six speed shift pattern printed on it and none of those listed cars come from the factory with a six speed in the US? I am going to buy a stock shifter knob and try it on mine. Should be considerably less than the &169 plus shippong that they want for the TRD models on eBay.

·
Spyderchat Enthusiast
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, but I am waiting for one of the guys that switches out their stock knob to sell it to me. No hurry.

·
Spyderchat Enthusiast
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
See post #14 of this thread to see how I handled the tightening issue. I have the all black GT86/BRZ knob but other than the lack of red stitching it is the same as the OEM FR-S.

http://spyderchat.com/forums/showthread.php?44025-OEM-6-Speed-Shift-Knobs

·
Spyderchat Enthusiast
2,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why don't you guys use something like electrical tape and put a few rounds at the base of the threaded shifter rod. This way it will tighten up enough without bottoming out.
Tried the plumbers tape trick but that only lasted me grabbing the gears a couple times and then it turned on me. Did not try electrical tape. That may have worked better. The threaded insert works well although it does raise the knob slightly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts