MR2 SpyderChat banner

201 - 220 of 260 Posts

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
Never had any issues with them....not sure why to add the weight and cost?
Keep taking your anti-moditis inoculations, you're doing great, but be aware of possible side effects.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
Odd thing happened: I try to run this car about once a week between monthly autoX events, take it around the block and open up lift, this is the extent that I drive it. Today after about one week of sitting I went to start it and it dies at idle - runs just fine otherwise as long as I keep the throttle a little bit open. IAC must have crapped out. Weird. I have a spare IAC I pulled off a junker vibe, will give that a shot.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Dave, I used these:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free-Shipping-1lot-4pcs-GEBK8S-radial-spherical-plain-bearing-with-self-lubrication/857849912.html

Fitment was easy, no different from the NathanMR2 solid set that I bought previously. (Nathan sells his set with a little piece of emery to deburr and clear off any corrosion from the linkages, and I reused it with this set). Function is very good. I can't evaluate durability yet.

I have an extra pair left over that I can send over to you for testing if you'd like.
Do you have a picture of this installed?

Would love to see. Thanks

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
I have never really had a problem taking the axle out before, two good hits with a hammer on a long piece of brass against the hub has always popped it out. But I like this idea, good work.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I have never really had a problem taking the axle out before, two good hits with a hammer on a long piece of brass against the hub has always popped it out. But I like this idea, good work.
Wouldn't this separate the boot portion from the portion sticking in the trans?

I was just thinking...what if you used a pair of vice grips you didn't care about...grip them on the axle shaft and hammered?

I've used the old transmission fork method and that works great, but I didn't have a spare fork the last time I had to take the trans out to replace the clutch. I can't remember what I did last time. I think I just left the axle in there.

-G

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #211 (Edited)
A long long time ago, I promised someone who was crying and wailing like a baby that I would show how this can be done in a matter of seconds and without any effort, despite skepticism from the idiots in charge. Seriously do these people have a vested interest in making things seem complicated when they are a simple as day? Here it is. The five-second removal of the shifter cable clips from the brackets. And don't forget that you seen it here first.

PS. My good friend gomba, unfortunately a flathead screwdriver is necessary for this one, hope that you have one on hand. LOL.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Wouldn't this separate the boot portion from the portion sticking in the trans?

I was just thinking...what if you used a pair of vice grips you didn't care about...grip them on the axle shaft and hammered?

I've used the old transmission fork method and that works great, but I didn't have a spare fork the last time I had to take the trans out to replace the clutch. I can't remember what I did last time. I think I just left the axle in there.

-G
No you hammer on the metal part of the cv shaft that goes into the transmission. It has flat spots that a brass chisel fits nicely.

·
Registered
727 Posts
These videos are great for people who have done 1zz supercharged and n/a builds..but for 2zz swapped turbo build owners how about something a little more advanced like how to install the trans by yourself with ease. Lifting it up, getting to align correct. I've always had issues with that.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
These videos are great for people who have done 1zz supercharged and n/a builds..but for 2zz swapped turbo build owners how about something a little more advanced like how to install the trans by yourself with ease. Lifting it up, getting to align correct. I've always had issues with that.

Thanks!
Ok I'll try to do as much as I can without going too far out of my way at which point you would have to start paying me to do it.

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #218
I do have another series on super-advanced topics but the series is secret and I should not even be disclosing its existence here. Access is on invitation only by other members of the invisible group. I can't tell you what the topics are because they are too advanced to be discussed by anyone including me.

I just had another guy complain that he does not have a used fork so I pointed him to where you can get them for $5 on eBay.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I do have another series on super-advanced topics but the series is secret and I should not even be disclosing its existence here. Access is on invitation only by other members of the invisible group. I can't tell you what the topics are because they are too advanced to be discussed by anyone including me.

I just had another guy complain that he does not have a used fork so I pointed him to where you can get them for $5 on eBay.
Good job Frank. I really liked the last 15 seconds or so, made me feel good inside.

·
Registered
727 Posts

I knew it! Your video was just a way for you to get rid of your transmission fork stash on ebay.

Next question is -- how many flathead screwdrivers do you have for sell for getting the cable clips off?

-G

201 - 220 of 260 Posts