MR2 SpyderChat banner

241 - 252 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
After a long break for the holiday season, I'm adding more videos to the series MR2 Spyder for Dummies. Here is the latest installment, "How to Remove the Fuel Injectors," just in time for Chinese New Year.

Gung hay fat choy!

I commented on that video on YouTube about you running 450 injectors. Why 450

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #244
I commented on that video on YouTube about you running 450 injectors. Why 450
I did reply to your comment on youtube. This car has a supercharger. It requires a higher fuel rate than the stock injectors can deliver.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #248
Frank - any writeup on changing the oil gears?
I will put that on my list of to-do's and in fact I have an old set of camshafts with gears that I can use for demo purposes.

Meanwhile here is another new one on "How to Remove the Engine Mount."

·
Registered
769 Posts
Oh god, removing the alternator is TERRIBLE. Luckily my new one didn't have the extra mount for the upper brace bar so I didn't need to put the 'bitch bolt' way at the back on top back in - just the more easily accessed front bolts.

Note - this top brace with the extra mount bolts is for 2ZZ only, and most replacement alternators are 1zz/2zz compatible so don't have this extra mounting hole.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #252
This question comes up a lot. How to program a new key. Forget the pedal dance - leave the dancing to Patrick Swayze. Toyota nerds do it with Techstream. Strictly speaking this would almost never be required with a 2zz - the USDM and JDM 2zz ECU do not have an immobilizer. But it works with the 1zz and with nearly every other Toyota immobilizer ECU.

241 - 252 of 252 Posts