MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Awesome! Just got mine :D

So, I'm the second owner and the previous owner was a local Socal (Santa Monica) resident who owned it for 5 years and kept it in tip-top shape.

The only issue I have with this report is that for the first year that I owned it, I had the car service by Longo Toyota, oil change and etc., but it's not reported. I had a problem with Longo Toyota so I stopped going to them and started doing the minor service myself, but it's lame for a dealer of that size to not report to Carfax in this day in age. Comes to shows how pathetic they really are.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Nice! Thank you.

Interesting history on mine:

Car was manufactured in July of 02 (It's an 02) but didn't sell until late March of 03.)

1st owner was a corporate fleet. Owned it for just under 3 years and put 36k on her.

2nd owner was personal and only owned it for just over 2 months, but he put more than five thousand miles on in that time. (I guess he liked it!)

I remember hearing that the second owner was deceased when I bought the car. I hope he died happy.

I got the car with 41,991 on the clock and screw you all she's MINE!

CarFax does show the warranty work done but lists a new engine as a 'Timing belt replacement'. WTF?!

·
Registered
4,522 Posts
They are on to you, not free anymore. :eek:

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
CarFax does show the warranty work done but lists a new engine as a 'Timing belt replacement'. WTF?!
I was able to run the report before they changed their offer. Thanks for posting this.

I bought my '00 Spyder in June 2008. The Carfax report filled in some gaps in my understanding of the background of the car, but also created a couple of more questions due to multiple registrations within days of each other in different states. I can only guess that the car may have been taken in by a dealer on trade, titled, auctioned to another dealer, and re-titled. Strangely, the CarFax report doesn't show MY purchase in June 2008 as a change in ownership.

Mine also shows a service ~33k miles with:
- Oxygen sensor replaced
- Drive belt and tensioner replaced
- Timing belt tensioner replaced

I wonder if that's a header replacement. I'll have to call the Toyota dealer who did the work to ask.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts