MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can all of the front bumper grill components be removed from the bumper cover on an 00-02?

i.e. the mesh parts and also the black pieces lining the top and bottom of the "mouth" (the "dimpled top piece and the flat lower piece).

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
You can only remove the pieces of mesh. The dimple piece and the black on the bottom are part of the bumper. Here's what can be removed.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Can all of the front bumper grill components be removed from the bumper cover on an 00-02?

i.e. the mesh parts and also the black pieces lining the top and bottom of the "mouth" (the "dimpled top piece and the flat lower piece).

The internal grill can be removed; aside from that, nothing else can be without cutting of plastics.

there are 4 support pieces that go from the top to the bottom, as well as the dimples.

I did the same thing as nocoolname. I removed the holes at the bottom as well as the mesh. I also went one step further and removed the 4 support bars.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Back in the day some people replaced the black plastic mesh with "chicken wire fence"

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
No not the 90s. On the Spyder; there was even a group who sold a kit. Didn't look too bad but I can't find any pictures.

·
Registered
7,661 Posts
I think it was Pelican Racing that had a nice looking mesh kit a long time ago.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
On the 00-02 I like just painting the lower lip a different color or getting a TRD style lip, no other things should change.

The TS bumper uses stainless steel chicken wire fence that's very thick and harder to bend. Thanks for making me feel ghetto:

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
[deleted double post]

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks all - I don't want to change anything - I just wondered if it would all come off for painting. Considering plasti-dipping all the plastic trim black... Sounds like it will require some masking.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.