MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will 195 55 R15 fit on the fron rims of an 2001 MR2, Also would this effect the handling drastically. This is a summer car with no hard driving.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Will 195 55 R15 fit on the fron rims of an 2001 MR2, Also would this effect the handling drastically. This is a summer car with no hard driving.
Thanks
You'll be fine, although I would recommend making sure the back is stock size and of the same Brand and Model.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
195-50- would be better what are your back tires? please tell me you are not mixing brands this is not wise even if you drive conservatively.
3% difference and <2 mph at 60. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Tires matching is more important.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
195-50- would be better what are your back tires? please tell me you are not mixing brands this is not wise even if you drive conservatively.
This is the route I would also take. I believe you want a little rake (lower front) as I recall (memory may be faulty here). Sure would not want to upset the finely balanced spyder with different brand tires.

·
Registered
23,103 Posts
This is the route I would also take. I believe you want a little rake (lower front) as I recall (memory may be faulty here). Sure would not want to upset the finely balanced spyder with different brand tires.
The profile will be nearly about the same as a 185-55-15 if a 50 series is chosen in a 195.

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
This is the route I would also take. I believe you want a little rake (lower front) as I recall (memory may be faulty here).
The spyder is lower in the back than the front stock, and is styled to hide that. Plus, the difference between the two sizes is 15 hundredths of an inch when looking at ride height.

·
Registered
5,399 Posts
The spyder is lower in the back than the front stock, and is styled to hide that. Plus, the difference between the two sizes is 15 hundredths of an inch when looking at ride height.
Bad memory or GIGO then. Personally I look at 23" dia.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts