MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Can the front sway bar be installed upside down or both ways will work?

Here is the story of the mess I went though.
After installing the MWR stock replacement end link I was getting clunking. Someone had pointed out that maybe I had tighten the bottom nut on the endlink too much, I tried to loosen and instead it completly stripped the screw. Ended up using a grinder to cut it off and start again. This time I got the beefy end links install went in better quality parts all around but for some reason I was still getting very slight clunking noise. It drove me crazy looking for what was clunking, I did not see anything hitting each other so I was starting to wonder if I had installed the sway bar upside down becuse I noticed a sticker on the sway bar that was upside down. So this time I ordered again the stock replacement endlinks from MWR, I turned the sway bar over went for a drive and what do you know no clunking. SMH...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can the front sway bar be installed upside down or both ways will work?

Here is the story of the mess I went though.
After installing the MWR stock replacement end link I was getting clunking. Someone had pointed out that maybe I had tighten the bottom nut on the endlink too much, I tried to loosen and instead it completly stripped the screw. Ended up using a grinder to cut it off and start again. This time I got the beefy end links install went in better quality parts all around but for some reason I was still getting very slight clunking noise. It drove me crazy looking for what was clunking, I did not see anything hitting each other so I was starting to wonder if I had installed the sway bar upside down becuse I noticed a sticker on the sway bar that was upside down. So this time I ordered again the stock replacement endlinks from MWR, I turned the sway bar over went for a drive and what do you know no clunking. SMH...
Funny enough I installed the sway bar with the twos r us beefy end links last week. I have not noticed a clunk and when I was installing the sway bar the instructions did not mention an up or down direction. In addition the sway bar looks identical on both sides. I would need to double check how I installed it but I am pretty sure that the sticker on mine is upside down.

On a side note how does the sway bar feel for you? I really couldn't tell on the street but when I took it to autocross it really did help the oversteer + body roll.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts