MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was crusing around and dropped into the local Toyota/Scion dealer (Classic Auto Campus). They said they would be getting their first FRS this week. I asked about how much over sticker they were going to ask. He replied just sticker. I guess even with Scions one price guarntee they can still go over but he said they wouldnt.

So they looked at my car for a trade in...I was offered $4,000 :lol:. Im on the list to be called when it comes in to test drive it.

·
Registered
8,707 Posts
I'll have to wait until a turbo version is available. This car has potential.

·
Spyderchat Enthusiast
2,859 Posts
The First 86 car down a Cain Toyota/Scion is available. The guy who ordered it is almost certainly not going to buy it. Unfortunately, it is an automatic.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Niceee. If I still lived in CA where it doesn't snow I'd sell my SX4 AWD for an FR-S as I wait for the rumored BRZ STI. Really starting to envy all these new FR-S owners lol but to see an affordable dose of passion get injected into the increasingly uninspiring world of automobiles... these are exciting times.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Niceee. If I still lived in CA where it doesn't snow I'd sell my SX4 AWD for an FR-S as I wait for the rumored BRZ STI. Really starting to envy all these new FR-S owners lol but to see an affordable dose of passion get injected into the increasingly uninspiring world of automobiles... these are exciting times.
We gat a lot more snow up here and I'm considering this for a DD. Snow tires and you're all set.

·
Registered
618 Posts
We gat a lot more snow up here and I'm considering this for a DD. Snow tires and you're all set.
True and I have thought about that. Guess I'm super cautious being new to snow, having never driven over black ice, etc. I'm also from the school of thought that a car you get emotionally attached to should never be exposed to salted roads. :eek:

·
Registered
782 Posts
I'm also from the school of thought that a car you get emotionally attached to should never be exposed to salted roads. :eek:
That's why the spyder will hibernate over the winter. Won't sell the spyder, fun as hell!!!!

·
Registered
5,280 Posts
True and I have thought about that. Guess I'm super cautious being new to snow, having never driven over black ice, etc. I'm also from the school of thought that a car you get emotionally attached to should never be exposed to salted roads. :eek:
I think is more like slide over black ice than drive. I drive a Toyota pickup with snows all round in the bad weather we get in Northern Va. Snow varies from nothing to a few feet once in a blue moon.

·
Registered
23,072 Posts
So I was crusing around and dropped into the local Toyota/Scion dealer (Classic Auto Campus). They said they would be getting their first FRS this week. I asked about how much over sticker they were going to ask. He replied just sticker. I guess even with Scions one price guarntee they can still go over but he said they wouldnt.

So they looked at my car for a trade in...I was offered $4,000 :lol:. Im on the list to be called when it comes in to test drive it.
Why would you think it would ever be over sticker. The only cars that are sold over sticker are those that are in the 100k range and will be in limited supply. If someone pays over sticker they are a moron.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Why would you think it would ever be over sticker. The only cars that are sold over sticker are those that are in the 100k range and will be in limited supply. If someone pays over sticker they are a moron.
PT Cruiser, Miata, New Beetle, Mini, even the Prius; any hyped car in any price range has experienced brief bouts of over-sticker frenzy. I'm impressed that they haven't jacked the price up on this yet.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Scions will sell in higher volumes (to the tune of 5x more than Subaru); any markup will drive shoppers over to the next Scion dealership.

For Subaru, however, there's a dealer blacklist. On several occasions, people put down a deposit with a promise of no markup. When it came time to sign off on sale, they found handwritten things tacked on in their contracts. 10%, $2k, $2.5k markup, etc.

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow...

·
Registered
782 Posts
I second that WOW, in my opinion this is trying to rob people. On the other hand if somebody is stupid enough to agree to these terms?????

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
For cars like the Ford GT500 they were adding THOUSANDS of dollars over the MSRP and people were standing in line to get screwed.

The mid five figures "extra" wasn't unusual.

·
Registered
782 Posts
There was a news report about the Prius C being sold with this type of "mark-up" when they just came out. Did calculations and at 1.50$ a litre (High end) it would take over 200 000 KM in fuel savings to recoup MSRP hybrid premium price over a similar non-hybrid economy car. And people were were willing to pay over MSRP???

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
For cars like the Ford GT500 they were adding THOUSANDS of dollars over the MSRP and people were standing in line to get screwed.

The mid five figures "extra" wasn't unusual.
Certain cars I can see that. The last GTO and the BMW M1 were two that that I knew off to go over in the "real world" lol.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Test drove a FRS today, I'm just going to say it was a "Spirited Drive" the dealership delivered to my work for just a test drive. 6 speed only asking $24,200 Located at the Teton Toyota in Idaho Falls, ID

·
Registered
371 Posts
Stopped by the local Subaru dealer today to see if they had one in stock. Had one in charcoal grey on the showroom floor with a sticker price of 29K with all the options. But it appears they are looking for a moron. They want and additional $4995 "market adjustment". Insane.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts