MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
I did a track day in a BRZ/FRS, these seats are pretty comfortable. I've known some people have done their own custom work to fit these in the car, but did you have to cut anything around the shoulder area in order to properly fit these? And do they sit higher than the stock seats?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did a track day in a BRZ/FRS, these seats are pretty comfortable. I've known some people have done their own custom work to fit these in the car, but did you have to cut anything around the shoulder area in order to properly fit these? And do they sit higher than the stock seats?
Yes they do sit higher than stock and no I haven't modified them.
So do they sell this as a kit or?
Yes they do its dk imports out Utah 175 to 180 plus shipping.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
The angle of the headrest relative to the seatback in the side profile pics makes my neck hurt just looking at it. It seems like many modern seats have an unnatural angle that pushes the head forward. Some are actually comfortable enough (although can't be sat in with a backwards hat) while others seem to be made for any species but humans...

Forgiving the bit of wear on the seats themselves overall they look pretty good. Wouod you happen to know about how much higher the seating position is?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Wow that is a tight fit!
In the car that is. For the body they are ... ample.

Congrats to you being more comfortable in them.

How are they for looking over your shoulders??

Agree with @FormInFunction ; I find most modern seats/headrest forcing me into an unnatural position which pains over too short time and loath ANY contact with the headrest while driving.

·
Registered
156 Posts
They're great seats and the headrests can be flipped, I only flipped mine when I had a helmet on though.

How much higher up do you think the seating position is? A "foamectomy" could help bring it back down to where the stock seats are at.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
They're great seats and the headrests can be flipped, I only flipped mine when I had a helmet on though.

How much higher up do you think the seating position is? A "foamectomy" could help bring it back down to where the stock seats are at.
It measured out to around two inches higher

1 - 14 of 14 Posts