MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorry... headlights SOLD. This is my 03 headlights (projector headlight) painted and clear coated. The body shop mix a little bit of black paint with the clearcoat and wet sand the headlgihts and painted. Results? Not perfect but people like it. Before has some light scratches but you have to look close to see it. I have a brand new set coming as a gift so as soon it's arrive I will packed in the same box for shipping. Price? $250 firm, for both shipped. Interested? Text me at (813) 777-8969 or call me and leave a message. Accept Paypal payment. Thanks
-Ruben

·
Registered
678 Posts
Any condensation inside ever? I need to get rid of my 00s lights bc of condensation and sometimes frost in the drivers light.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
darn, too bad they weren't painted black on the inside. i would have taken those.

·
Registered
9,963 Posts
Are these the same ones as the pics here that i found on your cardomain acct:

Did the body shop's wet sand did a good job of cleaning it up? Cause it looks pretty battered in this pic.
Do you think another wet sand job will be able to get rid of the black clear coat they put on it? I'm very interested but can't stand the dark tint effect and would probably get pulled over everywhere i go if these were on my car. How much did they charge you to spray the clear coat on? I'm just thinking ahead of what addition costs would be associated.

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
If these were painted black on the inside, I would have a friend pick them up (no shipping). But I see now that just the lens cover piece is painted/tinted. They look good in your pics. Good Luck with the sale.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Did the body shop's wet sand did a good job of cleaning it up? Cause it looks pretty battered in this pic.
Do you think another wet sand job will be able to get rid of the black clear coat they put on it? I'm very interested but can't stand the dark tint effect and would probably get pulled over everywhere i go if these were on my car.
I hadn't considered that.. but I've seen folks with blue/purple HIDs cited by some overzealous local or state police. It seems the applicable New Jersey law (NJSA 39:3-50) as follows:

(a) The color of light emitted or reflected by exterior lamps or reflectors on a vehicle shall be .. White when the lamp is a headlamp, or spot lamp, or illuminates a license plate or a destination sign; or is located on the outside limit of a side car or other attachment on a motor cycle;

They look good. I'm gonna give the MVC a call and ask a friend who's a local police officer to see whether a smoked headlight cover is still a "White" light.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Are these the same ones as the pics here that i found on your cardomain acct:

Do you think another wet sand job will be able to get rid of the black clear coat they put on it? I'm very interested but can't stand the dark tint effect and would probably get pulled over everywhere i go if these were on my car. How much did they charge you to spray the clear coat on? I'm just thinking ahead of what addition costs would be associated.

That's my car. You can't judge by the picture because the sun reflection and the camera is not the best. I guess you need to sand again and throw a coat of clearcoat to put it back to the original condition. I pay $100 for paint headlight and tail lights.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Because a lot of road pebbles will hit them and cause the clearcoat to peel off... I had it done when my bumper cover was repainted and it looked nice... but only for about 6 months and then it was awful. I recently sold the headlights on this forum where you can see how it will look...

·
Registered
2001 MR2 Spyder
1,270 Posts
Because a lot of road pebbles will hit them and cause the clearcoat to peel off... I had it done when my bumper cover was repainted and it looked nice... but only for about 6 months and then it was awful. I recently sold the headlights on this forum where you can see how it will look...
I can vouch for zepplinmans quote. Its not done on my spyder(which is a much more susceptable to rocks, debris, etc... because of our ride heights stock and lowered) my buddy got his done on his 06 graphite grey nissan titan...it looked great until the rock chips started. A much taller car(well truck) and he still gets the chips. Just my 2 pennies and observations...dont think ill be doing this to mines after seeing his results(Titan).

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
210 shipped. dud c'mon. xD
I might grab these coming up next week if you come over to the cars and cafe!
Let me know Ruben

Deano, you have no idea how expensive it is to ship those, I sold a set of headlights and cost me 2/3rds of my selling price. 250 Shipped is surreal. On the hand I shipped them to Ohio I think

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.