MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
*edit* It looks like another hoax. See below.

http://athensga.craigslist.org/ctd/3071466085.html

"Black, garage kept, no dents, no issues, etc"

No affiliation...except I want this car!
It seems legitimate, owner's email says he needs cash quickly.

Actually, my brother lives in Athens. I could ask him to go see/drive the car if anyone wants eyes on it.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
actually that's a louisiana inspection sticker, might be worth another grab to get a phone number and address, I can check it out.

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Now that's funny. He claims he lives in Baton Rouge...also. He was rambling about ebay payment and shipping blah blah blah. I called his bluff and said you would look at the car today, in Baton Rouge, and pay cash. And I asked again (third time) for a phone number and/or street address.

Wanna place a bet on the outcome?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I will bet anyone, any amount, it is a scam. Wanting a payment through eBay makes it 100% sure. I have complained to Craigslist several times about scammers when I was looking for a used car, as there seemed to be more scammers than legitimate sellers. Craigslist changed their policy to require a phone number on car ads, but I see this is no longer the case. There is no legitimate reason a seller would not list a phone number unless they are hiding their identity. Shame on Craigslist, as they are aiding and abetting criminals.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Yah, it's a shame craiglist doesn't follow up yanking the add with a report to authorities. Even though it's almost impossible to catch the guys, I would go ahead and file a report, the chance of getting one of these guys off legit sites is worth the time.

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
http://batonrouge.craigslist.org/cto/3069828575.html

Same car, same house, different price. I presume scammers snag the pictures and repost around the country.
And you gotta love google maps - I found the house with the car in the driveway under a car cover...Alpha Drive, Baton Rouge LA.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.