MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Up for sale I have my 2000 Toyota Mr2 Spyder Convertible (yellow). It has 131k miles on the body and 75k miles on the 2005 Toyota Matrix XRS 2zz motor and 2003 Pontiac Vibe GT 6 speed transmission. Recent maintenance has been done to it such as oil change, intake filter, spark plugs, radiator fluid flush, a/c maintenance, new Autozone battery, also clutch, brake, and power steering fluid level check. It has a Blitz NUR Spec 3in exhaust system with headers, custom cold air intake, S2000 mint leather seats, Alpine CDA 9857 Stereo, MOMO shift knob, MRS Techno R lip kit (missing front lip due to bottom out), TRD spoiler, and 16" Rota Slipstream wheels on 195/55/16 Bridgestone Turanza Run Flats. All components of the car are in working condition but it does have a check engine light due to the MAF. The car rides beyond expectations and is super fast compared to its stock features. I am selling it for $6500 or best offer. For further questions pertaining to the power of the car, extra photos, and etc you can contact me or text at 832 878 2571 ask for Frank. Pictures will be up shortly!

·
Registered
770 Posts
"but it does have a check engine light due to the MAF"
Can you explain further about this issue?
Thx
If you are sure that the check engine light is a result of a faulty MAF sensor, why not just change the sensor and put the light out rather than mentioning it in the ad and drawing questions and skepticism.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For the people with concerns about the check engine light:
When I go to Autozone to check what the issue is all they tell me is that the car has a P0171 code. System is too lean Bank 1. They have given me potential answers of what could be the issue. I came down to the MAF sensor being the issue after I discovered it was super dirty in the 2 wires it has built in and on the little honey dot looking thing it has. I cleaned it out with MAF cleaner and it took off the light for 2 days before re-appearing with the same issue. The reason why I don't change it is because I refuse to pay the $200 the Toyota Dealer prices the MAF sensors. If someone has a spare MAF sensor for a 2zz that I can have then you'll be more than a life saver and you'll get a reduction on the vehicle. I have also done some process of elimination and it still narrows down to the MAF sensor.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1. Yes I am running a CAT converter that came with the aftermarket exhaust system.
2. Yes I am running on a stock 2000 Celica GTS ecu.
3. Yes I hooked up the a/c system after the swap 3 years ago. And it blows amazingly cold as day 1.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I really considered buying this car, but the rebuilt title was something i just couldn't get past. Glad you got it sold tho. Most likely get turned into a track car.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.