MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The car is in beautiful condition. Last year sold in the US and one of 780 in 2005. One of approximately 90 stick shift black cars and likely one of the only full option cars with limited slip and the z1 port option with factory alarm. There are a few minor scratches but the car is black. I bought it as a dealer trade in of an original owner car in Washington State. It is a two owner with all manuals and window sticker. Has the black owner booklet. First aid kit and correct Emergency kit. Unused spare. Leather is soft with no wear wrinkles on the drivers seat. Carbon dash is perfect. The car has all original engine and transmission factory markings and some other stuff I have never seen on a used Spyder. $16,900

toyotafest black car.jpg
toyotafest black car1.jpg

·
Registered
41 Posts
really! :rolleyes: Based on your analysis of other similar cars it sounds like a $11k car all day long but let us know how you make out. But collector car is stretching it, dude.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I will let you know the final number Demon. I put more value on this car when I bought it and have moved the car to mint. Low mileage untouched examples are selling for 13-15k. The documentation, options including the rare z1 port option and condition make this car pretty special. Notice the factory alarm button on the dash picture below. Black was pretty common in 2005 but the color looks good on the car probably why it was popular. Spectra Blue, Yellow and PGP are the least common colors on the list. Lee

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The car is now pending sale and also may be listed in the auction but is no longer available. Thanks

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Could, buyer may wait till after the Russo and Steele auction which is my preference since I am going anyway.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
My black Spyder is back lightly on the market. I am in line to buy a different 2005 spyderr and it may not come up for many months. Other than the Black SMT with 89 miles it is probably one of the best black spyders of the estimated 90 stick shifts sold in 2005.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I am very lightly trying to sell it. I am waiting for another to become available then I will need to sell it. If it doesn’t become available I will just keep it because it is a great car in mint condition.

·
Registered
2003 MR2 Spyder
20 Posts
What is the Z1 option? And can you tell me what the switch is to the right of the mirror switch in your picture? Thanks.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
$795 Z1 Preferred Accessory Package: Carpet Floor Mats (2pc. Set), Carbon Fiber Dash by Acculaser, First Aid Kit, V.I.P. RS3200 Plus Security System, Emergency Assistance Kit
The security system on and off switch

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sounds like a great deal. What color and you should post a picture since are bragging and bashing my price it would only be fair to see your new car to show others that great deals are still out there. If it is a PGP color you probably win the deal of the year silver or red not so good. 2004 are the same as 2005 except many more made.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Good luck with your sale. Was looking for a red car in January 2020. MR2 Spyder Condition is like new including top/tires/paint/interior/lsd. It has 12k miles on it now up from 8k when I bought it in Tuscon. Did have to fly into Tuscon,AZ and drive it back to Houston. Hardtop didn't come with it. When I was looking there were lots of cars out there with low miles for $16k but weren't selling. Here it is on bat, bought it from the purchaser, car was kicked out of bat because the seller made a side deal with the purchaser(my seller). 7K-Mile 2004 Toyota MR2 Spyder 5-Speed

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks for posting And welcome to spyder chat nice car. I won’t debate values since you seem to know more than me. I have a buyer for my car when the other one becomes available.

·
Registered
2003 MR2 Spyder
20 Posts
$795 Z1 Preferred Accessory Package: Carpet Floor Mats (2pc. Set), Carbon Fiber Dash by Acculaser, First Aid Kit, V.I.P. RS3200 Plus Security System, Emergency Assistance Kit
The security system on and off switch
Thanks for the information, just wasn't sure what that was.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts