MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is the current update on all parts:

I am waiting on the current buyer to arrange pickup and send payment for the engine and other parts listed as sale pending. I expect this sale to go through, and once it has, will part out everything else.

If the engine sale falls through, I am still looking to sell this all as a package, but if I find buyers for every part, will part it all out.

I will know for sure the status on the sale pending items by Thursday.

·
Registered
311 Posts
An update:

The engine arrived in not quite the stated condition. The tensioner that Tom had stated was a replacement was not for a 2zz. It cost me ~$190 to replace. The oil pressure connector was broken and cost $32 to replace. The VVTLi connector was broken and cost $79.10 to replace. All in all I spend $300 extra on the motor. None of these issues were ever mentioned to me prior to the sale, and not shown in any of the pictures.

Tom agreed to refund me $115, which does not cover half the cost of the replacement parts. I caution everyone to be very cognizant of sales on this site. In the past 12 months I have been scammed by two members for rather high dollar items. All in all I spend $2030 on the motor, and I could have picked up a local motor for the same price with fewer miles and less issues.

Ignorance does not absolve one of blame. Not stating the facts and pretending that one doesn't know the full details is simply lying. I give Tom partial credit for refunding me some money, but sadly in a private party sale there is no resolution board. All I can do is warn others to be cautious.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
An update:

The engine arrived in not quite the stated condition. The tensioner that Tom had stated was a replacement was not for a 2zz. It cost me ~$190 to replace. The oil pressure connector was broken and cost $32 to replace. The VVTLi connector was broken and cost $79.10 to replace. All in all I spend $300 extra on the motor. None of these issues were ever mentioned to me prior to the sale, and not shown in any of the pictures.

Tom agreed to refund me $115, which does not cover half the cost of the replacement parts. I caution everyone to be very cognizant of sales on this site. In the past 12 months I have been scammed by two members for rather high dollar items. All in all I spend $2030 on the motor, and I could have picked up a local motor for the same price with fewer miles and less issues.

Ignorance does not absolve one of blame. Not stating the facts and pretending that one doesn't know the full details is simply lying. I give Tom partial credit for refunding me some money, but sadly in a private party sale there is no resolution board. All I can do is warn others to be cautious.
Thank you for taking our argument public.

Any remaining parts I have are not on the scale of a full size engine, and I know for a fact there are no issues. Because of this unpleasant experience I had with this user, all items will be listed on eBay. I will start a thread and provide links to the parts when that time comes.

I'm closing out the ownership of my Spyder, and for anyone else I've worked with in the short time I've been on this site, you have all been very helpful.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.