MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sourced this engine to swap into my spyder and ended up boosting my 1zz instead. I bought this motor six years ago and was told at that time that it had 11k on it. Has been on an engine stand in my clean dry garage ever since! Comes with coil packs, exhaust manifold. Local pick up only, I am in western MA. $2200 b/o

·
Registered
91 Posts
I can't send you a PM and don't want to list my email out here. Is there anyway you can PM me your email or something? I really want to check this 2zz out. I'm in the midst of planning a 2zz swap, and you being in MA is like a damn dream since I won't have to ship.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
Just posting pics for the OP:

·
Registered
587 Posts
Looks like they spayed over a durty engine, Meow!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
This motor has very low milage and is in great shape! In case anyone was "worried" about the painting, the aluminum had very slight oxidation, so I prepped and painted it to help preserve the motor and to keep it looking great! Interested buyers are encouraged to come out and see for themselves. If you have any other questions about the motor I'd be happy to answer them, but I am always surprised by unnecessary negativity on the forum. I am on the forums to enjoy the company of other positive enthusiasts! :) Not to "scam" people. Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
just an fyi.
after the buyer installs this 2zz and drives for about 50 miles all the paint will crack and make a huge flakey mess. the engine warms up and even paint good up to 500 degrees starts to crack and flake and just be a mess after a few hundred miles.

not being mean, just honest.

I know FROM EXPERIENCE.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
especially that CRANK PULLEY. why did you paint that?? thats a "duh" its going to rub right off.

·
Registered
587 Posts
It only has 11k miles and a simple wash wouldnt clean it up, sounds like there is more to the story or more miles than your telling us.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow! What a bunch of haters! I thought I would start here on the forum by offering a good honest deal to people I thought would appreciate it rather than some random person in the classifieds. Who would of thought people would think it was appropriate to sh** on something nice and make assumptions that I am some sort of "scammer." I've been on this forum (and others) for a long time and am I am an honest seller. If your not interested, don't buy it! I'll set it to someone who appreciates it and recognizes it as a great deal! But don't make false assumptions on my thread- if you have a question, ask, and I'll be happy to answer.

In regards to the paint, I did the same process to the 1zz in my car now. I have been running it like that for 4 years, with glowing orange turbo and 200 hp and 4 seasons of track days and autox (rain and shine) and it looks as perfect as the day I put it in. It isn't some hack job, it was prepped and painted properly. Sorry you had a bad experience with yours (probably poorly done), and I'm not trying to be mean, just HONEST. I know FROM EXPERIENCE. This isn't my first build.

If your an interested buyer, fine, but If your only "stalking" my thread and making uneducated comments about a motor you haven't seen and have no history with, get off my thread. I've been on this thread for years, and have always raved about how nice the people are, but I must admit I am shocked by this group's behavior. Way to support your fellow enthusiast....

·
Registered
587 Posts
Wow! What a bunch of haters! I thought I would start here on the forum by offering a good honest deal to people I thought would appreciate it rather than some random person in the classifieds. Who would of thought people would think it was appropriate to sh** on something nice and make assumptions that I am some sort of "scammer." I've been on this forum (and others) for a long time and am I am an honest seller. If your not interested, don't buy it! I'll set it to someone who appreciates it and recognizes it as a great deal! But don't make false assumptions on my thread- if you have a question, ask, and I'll be happy to answer.

In regards to the paint, I did the same process to the 1zz in my car now. I have been running it like that for 4 years, with glowing orange turbo and 200 hp and 4 seasons of track days and autox (rain and shine) and it looks as perfect as the day I put it in. It isn't some hack job, it was prepped and painted properly. Sorry you had a bad experience with yours (probably poorly done), and I'm not trying to be mean, just HONEST. I know FROM EXPERIENCE. This isn't my first build.

If your an interested buyer, fine, but If your only "stalking" my thread and making uneducated comments about a motor you haven't seen and have no history with, get off my thread. I've been on this thread for years, and have always raved about how nice the people are, but I must admit I am shocked by this group's behavior. Way to support your fellow enthusiast....

Sorry if I made you upset that wasnt my intention I just wanted some more detail behind the reasoning for painting your engine. I was looking to purchase your engine but after your display you have convinced me not to buy, thanks for being honest with us.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
^Agreed, after this display you showed us i am no longer interested.
but for other buyers you should provide a VIN or some kind of HARD proof, that the engine in your possession truly only has 11,000 miles on it.

ps: how long did the paint stay on your 1zz crank pulley? im guessing not too long, but then again im not suppose to assume on this thread.

·
Registered
23,066 Posts
First off this is not your thread to tell people to get off. There is every reason for real enthusiasts to question the paint especially when you made no mention of it in your first post. There is nothing wrong with cleaning something up and not mentioning it but when you paint something it is always subject to scrutiny from the community and it's fair game. If you made a simple appeal that would have been fine but being defensive about it shows you were trying to make it look nicer then it is to attract potential costumers and therefore misrepresenting the what you are selling, anyone that does that has something to hide.

If anyone ruined the sale it would be your actions not those that are asking relevant questions.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts