1,029 Posts
Man oh man.... what I could do to a spyder for $32,000.... :wub:

or alternatively...
http://bit.ly/JJfrpY
^_^

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
That's messed up, I just bought a real 2004 f360 two weeks ago for $52k... why buy a replica when you can get the real thing for an extra 10k

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
i wonder if the house in the background is a replica.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
It says the car is in Tampa. I am going to be in Orlando for the Spring Fling next weekend... Maybe we could drive over and see it... I mean, just to go slap the owner up side the head:)

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
just trying to figure out the math 42k -12k for the kit... spyder's worth 30k. It's true, spyders are going up in value!

·
Registered
782 Posts
That's messed up, I just bought a real 2004 f360 two weeks ago for $52k... why buy a replica when you can get the real thing for an extra 10k
But you'll "have to rebuild the engine after 30 000 miles, the 1ZZ 150 000", why would you buy the real thing? (me being sarcastic !!!!!!!)

·
Registered
6,607 Posts
But you'll "have to rebuild the engine after 30 000 miles, the 1ZZ 150 000", why would you buy the real thing? (me being sarcastic !!!!!!!)
Ha not far from the truth. I bought it with a toasted clutch, that was $2000 plus it had to be electronically programmed another $350, suprisingly insurance is only $180/month with $500 deductable and I'm only 28.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
This has been another episode of modify greatly and watch the resale value of your car go down substantially. He might have done better getting the 'Pimp My Ride' guys to work on his car- at least there would be stereo equipment worth something.

Anyway, as usual, Ferrari kit= salvage title (more than likely). Do this to your Spyder because you like it, not because you think someone else will. I can think of a lot of other things to spend $42K on (like my house).

·
Registered
16,748 Posts
Any body kit - TRD, Ferrari, Veilside, etc., lowers the value of the car.

This is because it turns the car into a one-off such that spare parts are no longer available. If available, they will be insanely expensive and hard to source. Nobody can work on it because the install will be a one-off solution figured out by whoever did the original labor.

Each mod you do lowers the cost of your car. You cannot get the cost of the mods back, unless you remove them and part them out, returning the car to stock. This is a rule.

Unless, of course, you find some poor idiotic bastard willing to fork over all that money. Could happen.

·
Registered
782 Posts
When shopping for the spyder any modded car raised red flags for me, you don't always know what's been done to it and it can turn into a nightmare if you have to troobleshoot a problem. Passed on one at a great price because it had been modded and suspected it had been run hard. I've done minor mods to mine that can be reversed if need be (don't plan on selling it anytime soon). I've kept a log of everything I've done for future reference. Did what I wanted to it knowing fully well that the money won't get recuperated if ever I sell.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts