MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled the transmission from my '05 last week. It's in excellent condition - no grinds, whines, or clunks. I bought the car with ~30k miles, and I did fluid changes with Redline MT90 every 20-30k miles since then. Never been raced or abused - my car rarely sees beyond 4000 rpm. Have about ~100k miles on it now.

Only reason it's for sale is I got a deal on a Euro 6 speed. I needed a new clutch anyway, and the guy sold me an entire tranny+clutch package. (If it tells you anything, I still have meat left on my 100k+ clutch.)

Not interested in shipping at this time - please come pick it up in El Dorado Hills, CA (or have your courier pick it up if you want it delivered). Delivery to Fremont / Redwood City may be an option.

Will post pictures after work.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Drew1. The extra gear / lower RPMs are awesome. I just drove it for the first time today, actually. Gotta get used to the new grippier clutch, and I almost tried to reverse in 6th gear earlier, lol. The stainless steel line had a leak though, so I decided to buy new OEM.

Cris: I was advised to ask for $1500 OBO. Let me know what you think. I wish I had allowed test drives while it was still in the car, but honestly I think it slipped into gear a little smoother than my new 6spd (which has 20k on it).

Will reply to all PMs shortly.

·
Registered
699 Posts
How do you find the acceleration now with the European 6 Sp Tranny ? Assuming you still on NA 1zz right ?

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah still NA 1zz. I thought I would dislike 1st-3rd being taller (same ratios but taller final drive), but I honestly don't mind it. Haven't tried hard acceleration or anything yet (only ~10 miles on the install so far). After I get my alignment done tomorrow we'll see.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
...................., and I almost tried to reverse in 6th gear earlier, lol........................
Strange: reverse is clear over on the left and forward; 6th is all the way over on the right and back. Plus the reverse on the Eoro 6MT comes with the "reverse blockout" which makes it clearly obvious when you go to the left past the 1st/2nd slot.
Hmmmmm.
Live and learn.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I have the 6 speed as well. The 1st to 5th gear acceleration is nearly identical to the 5 speed, but if ou do long highway runs with a Spyder, the 6th gear is great (my car has a NA 1ZZ). To me, this is one of the best mods on this car. It should have come from the factory this way. The 5 speed shifts just a hair more smoothly, but certainly not a big difference.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Strange: reverse is clear over on the left and forward; 6th is all the way over on the right and back.
He's saying that he wanted to go in reverse and instead shifted to 6th, since he is not used to the new layout.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
He's saying that he wanted to go in reverse and instead shifted to 6th, since he is not used to the new layout.
You got it.
Dude, I haven't seen posts or anything from you in forever. Are you coming to the annual mr2oc meet?
https://www.facebook.com/events/142985729155165/

-----

Will try to get pics of the tranny tomorrow. Have been pretty busy lately. Doing coolant change and alignment tomorrow, and chiropractic appointment on Sunday all the way in Grass Valley.

·
Registered
534 Posts
You got it.
Dude, I haven't seen posts or anything from you in forever. Are you coming to the annual mr2oc meet?
Haha. I still lurk these forums pretty often. I've been waiting to see info on the annual meet. I guess it probably would have helped to hit the mr2oc forums. I don't know if I'll be able to do next weekend. In the process of packing for a move to a new house. But I'll see what I can do!

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hope you can make it - let me know if you want to caravan. Not sure who else is going from around here.

-------------------

New price $1250 picked up.

Still haven't had a chance to take pics of the tranny, but I do have a pic of the vin sticker in the door showing the tranny code (bottom left corner, 01A = no LSD, 01B = yes LSD)

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Tranny still available. Sorry I don't have pics up yet - will get to them ASAP. Been a little crazy at home lately. (Lack of time is the main reason I ask for local pickup instead of shipping)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.