MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ACT XTSS Clutch & Extended Push Rod

I copied this from Monkeywrenchracing.com

MWR's favorite for street and track driven cars with 300-450 hp. It has the clamping force to hold the torque but drives smooth, lasts a long time and is easy on the transmission.

Clutch Kit: TC2-XTSS
Torque Capacity: 275 ft-lb

Fits:
2000-2005 Celica GT and GTS
2000-2005 MR2 Spyder
1998-2007 Corolla All
2003-2007 Matrix/Vibe

ACT offers some of the highest quality clutch kits available today. Kits include disc, pressure plate and release bearing. Kits also include alignment tool. They are trusted by everyone from street performance enthusiasts to road racers to professional drag racing teams. ACT's big advantage is variety. With the broad variety of pressure plates and discs offered for most applications you can tailor your selection to work with your vehicle's power level and usage. Most customers opt for the HD or XT pressure plate which work great for street or moderate track use in conjunction with the SS street disc. If you've built something pretty outrageous or the car will live most of its life on the track consider the G or R discs for their superior heat tolerance and immediate engagement.

Discs:
Performance – SS
- Recommended for Street and Race
- Smooth engagement
- Easiest on transmission
- Longest lasting compound for street
- Most popular choice

Here is a comparison of the HD vs XT.

Pressure Plates:
Heavy Duty - HD
- Clamps load increase of 20% to 50%
- Pedal feels stock to moderate
- Many SFI Certified to insure safety
- Recommended disc: Street or Race
Xtreme - XT
- Clamps load increase of 50% to 120%
- Pedal feels moderate to stiff
- Many SFI Certified to insure safety
- Recommended disc: Street or Race

Clutch has roughly 3k miles on it and works great. However the release bearing from ACT didnt last long before it started making noises. I will not be including that in the sale it is up to the buyer to purchase a release bearing and my recomendation would be an oem bearing, yes they can handle this clutch just fine. Included is a MWR extended push rod, this complements the clutch well and is a must have for a clutch like this. Last but not least is the alignment tool and fasteners, this will also be included in the sale. Price is best offer since I have no idea the value of such an item.

So far the best offer is $250 shipped.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats way too much for a 1zz turbo'd? gonna be running about 215-225hp
Yes if your staying within that H/P range this clutch would be ideal. I would not suggest a pucked clutch unless your throwing 350+ H/P or using it as track only.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
More pictures added.
Brandon:
I got back an affirmative answer from ACT, but the Spyderchat PM system is down and I can't contact you. Shoot me your PayPal address to the my email address (that I sent you in a PM). If you can't access that PM, you ought to have received an email from Spyderchat letting you know that you had that PM from me, and you should be able to see my email address there.
Curt

·
Registered
587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Some thing is going on with my email, aol is not letting me access it right now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts