MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A while ago I decided I really wanted a Corky's breastplate for my car, as it's a quick and easy update with a relatively big effect. I couldn't find any at the time so I decided to make my own. I made a bunch while I was at it. They're as close to the original as I could make them. They're made of aluminum and come with bolts (+washers) to compensate for the increase in thickness.

They are 185 dollars, excluding postage. I'm in the Netherlands so take that into account. Shipping to the USA is 40,55 dollars.

These are now sold out. If you're interested in one, please let me know and I'll put your name on a list. If there's 10 people on the list, I'll make a third batch.

·
Spyderchat Enthusiast
2,822 Posts
Those look great. I already have a Corky BP or I would be requesting a shipping price. Are they aluminum like the original?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! They are, and they're anodised black. I'm not sure if the originals were anodised or painted, but I felt this was the way to go.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Also Snelbaard, i would really like your opinion or members is also welcome to comment....if it's possible to make it even stiffer / more solid than the original Corky's design by adding more material somewhere to the plate above as i really like install the best possible bp on my car.....so I can feel the most improvement.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Andy,
Just came back from the post office and to ship the package to Malaysia would cost 36,80 euros.
I don't think adding material to my brace would improve it. I've had feedback from quite a few customers who were really pleased with the improvement the brace made to their cars.
Now there used to be lager under braces, the Matt's midbrace comes to mind for example. However these are not produced anymore. I don't have any experience with these, but it is possible they provide a bit more rigidity. On the downside though, they'd only be a slight improvement over my braces but at a fairly significant weight penalty. This is always the conundrum with lightweight cars like these. So let me know what you think.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Andy,
Just came back from the post office and to ship the package to Malaysia would cost 36,80 euros.
I don't think adding material to my brace would improve it. I've had feedback from quite a few customers who were really pleased with the improvement the brace made to their cars.
Now there used to be lager under braces, the Matt's midbrace comes to mind for example. However these are not produced anymore. I don't have any experience with these, but it is possible they provide a bit more rigidity. On the downside though, they'd only be a slight improvement over my braces but at a fairly significant weight penalty. This is always the conundrum with lightweight cars like these. So let me know what you think.
I would like to buy it so may I know what is the total price in Usd including shipping.... and can i pay with Western Union money transfer as i don't have a PayPal account.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If really no choice, then i may need to ask my friend's help who have PayPal account to help me make the payment...or even use international money transfer to your bank account.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Andy,

Like the originals, these are made of aluminium (6mm thick).
6mm think aluminium is actually pretty thick and should be very stiff n strong unlike the flimsy looking Cusco breast plate that I just not satisfied with.....anyway if it's AL7075 will be best, but if it's AL6061 will do also... lower grade that that will likely not be very stiff

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry if I ask a lot as I'm just a crazy guy who likes to modify cars to be very good handling like you're one with the car that sort of feeling.... and I'm planning to put in a modified K24 engine with ~ 300whp hopefully can get it done by next year.... then I guess it will be the greatest excitement in the world 😁

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
These are now sold out. If anyone's interested in one, please let me know and I'll put your name on a list. If there's 10 people on the list, I'll make a third batch.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Fantastic, the list so far is as follows:

1: Shokuwu
2: ZxRob
3: Naj85
4: Mister2Spy
5:
6:
7: