1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
731 Posts
Has this been compared to Corky's breast plate or similar products yet?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Whoa - guess I need to spend more time under my Spyder. I'm HORRIFIED about the stock plating/supports there. They may as well have just used some damned duct tape! :mad:

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
You don't have the OEM ducttape under there anymore ? Your car must have been modyfied !:lol:

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
i wonder if this is as good as corky's. ive HEARD bad things about cusco, like their metal is thin and not that safe. thats why i have never bought a roll bar from them.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
We've been dealing with the Cusco brand for over 8 years and never had any problems with their products failing or been weak. Most of our customers are pretty happy with the results the products gives them and always come back for additional pieces.

We have also used some of their products in previous project race cars we've built. And never had an issue. Their parts are actually pretty strong. Great engineers in their field.

Even time attack monsters use their products:

All the bad rep Cusco gets comes from their roll cages, as they were all design to just meet Japanese MOT regulations. Generally, Japanese regulations are way more lenient and this difference makes people assume that their products must be unsafe as they are illegal in NASA or SCCA. But rest assure that their cages will still maintain any top from collapsing, even the thinner chromoly blue cages (safety 21 are their stronger carbon steel version for competition use):

So yes, this Cusco piece is just as rigid and strong as Corky's, but lighter. You guys won't be disappointed with the brand.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
I have the Cusco Front + Rear Sway Bars, Cusco Front Member Brace, Cusco Skid Plate, and Cusco Rear Member Braces on my Spyder. Mine came straight from Cusco Japan.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have the Cusco Front + Rear Sway Bars, Cusco Front Member Brace, Cusco Skid Plate, and Cusco Rear Member Braces on my Spyder. Mine came straight from Cusco Japan.

Very nice!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.