MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like the title says. Im selling my old Injen SRI. $150 shipped! It has about 5,000 miles on it. I loved the intake. Only selling because the car was totaled when I was hit by a Honda CRV in the front end. Still goes brand new for $266 plus shipping from Monkey Wrench Racing (thats where I bought mine).

·
Registered
16,748 Posts
Take your time on the install. It will fit. Getting it in is a real puzzle and you don't want to scratch it so go super slow and give yourself several hours for this project.

If you have dual mufflers, get ready for some great sound.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Take your time on the install. It will fit. Getting it in is a real puzzle and you don't want to scratch it so go super slow and give yourself several hours for this project.

If you have dual mufflers, get ready for some great sound.
I figured it would be a pain to get in, thx. I have team moon duals and installing a unichip at the same time. I was hoping it would come together and make some great noises.

·
Registered
7,223 Posts
Also, be sure to install the vibramount (It connects to the lower part of the battery tray and attaches to the bracket on the tube). That will keep it in place once you have it installed.

I would recommend installing the filter BEFORE you connect the tube so you can route the whole thing through the opening in the back. Good luck with the install. Changing the filter will be a PITA, but don't worry about that until it's time. ;)

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Thx, for the heads up on the filter. I would not have thought about doing that. The mount and instructions came in the box, so I should be good on that.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Installed in about 45 mins. Forgot to stick the filter in first so had to pull the coolant jug to squeeze it in. Over all an easy install. Sounds sweet with the team moon duals. Love that throaty sound. Seat of the pants dyno says its quicker and seems to rev quicker....but I know better, still love the sound. May get the unichip in tomorrow night, can not wait.

This is must do even if it makes no real power as the sound is great. I can not wait to get in the twistys!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.