MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For Sale, in like new condition. Probably has less than 100 miles on it, with absolutely no issues. Practically brand new.

Only 6-speed that'll bolt right in to a Spyder (either 1zz or 2zz) Already has reverse blockout, and Toyota Helical LSD. Was run with Redline MT90. Great for lowering your cruise RPM. I'll even throw in the plug for the speed sensor hole, which isn't included if you buy new.

Best price new, these go for $2,224 +shipping. I'll let it go for $1,995 shipped to lower 48.

• 1st: 3.166
  • 2nd: 1.904
  • 3rd: 1.310
  • 4th: 0.969
  • 5th: 0.815
  • 6th: 0.725
  • Final Drive: 3.941

· Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just to give you a better idea of what your engine vs speed vs gear would be, here's the max speed in gear with a 8100rpm redline:

1st: 46mph
2nd: 77mph
3rd: 112mph
4th: 151mph
5th: 180mph
6th: 202mph

Cruising RPM at 70mph in top gear: 2804rpm

These figures were based on a 225/45R16 size tire (24" diameter)

You can calculate according to your own setup here: http://www.bokchoys.com/differential/e46_gear_ratio_calculator.htm

It's a great transmission, I just didn't feel it was a match to my Rotrex setup. Would be excellent for those looking for either lower cruising RPM, or a turbo setup where you have a flat torque curve and looking to cut back on the number of gear shifts (get on boost and hold a gear longer.)

· Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Any chance you have a part number for the Reverse blockout and the shaft (used in a US 6speed conversion)?
Sorry, not sure. It came installed on this transmission. Have you tried ToyoDIY.com?

· Registered
233 Posts
omfg i soooooo want

but $2k is more than i can stomach for a tranny at this point.... if i had a job then maybe.... but i dont... so....... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

· Registered
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I forgot to mention that I also have a reverse light switch already installed into it (they are a bitch to remove/install) so that'll save even more time.

And the first photo is of when I received the trans, here it is today:

Still looks brand new.

· Registered
1,547 Posts
That is an awesome transmission. I would to drive on it. Those gears are so tall. You would would always be in lift. Combine it with a pfc and lower the lift kick. That would be a fun car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.