MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
SOLD: LO-MILEAGE EURO 6-SPEED w/ 3.941 FINAL DRIVE and LSD

SOLD SOLD SOLD
For Sale, in almost new condition. Has less than 3,500 miles on it, with absolutely no issues. Practically new. It's a great transmission, I just don't feel it is a match for my Rotrex setup, so I'm going in a different direction. Would be excellent for those looking for either lower cruising RPM, or a turbo setup where you have a flat torque curve and looking to cut back on the number of gear shifts (get on boost and hold a gear longer).

A 6-speed that'll bolt right into a Spyder (either 1zz or 2zz) Already has reverse blockout and Toyota Helical LSD (installed by the Toyota factory). An absolute plug-n-play. Has run only with Amsoil. Great for lowering your cruise RPM. Includes the plug for the speed sensor hole, which isn't included if you buy new. It also has a reverse light switch already installed into it (they are a bitch to remove/install) so that'll save even more time.

Just to give you a better idea of what your engine vs speed vs gear would be, here's the max speed in gear with a 8100rpm redline:

1st: 46mph
2nd: 77mph
3rd: 112mph
4th: 151mph
5th: 180mph
6th: 202mph

Cruising RPM at 70mph in top gear: 2804rpm. These figures were based on a 225/45R16 size tire (24" diameter).

This tranny is still in the car, and now that I've pretty much completed my relocation to Colorado and settling into my new home (and the wildfires close to Colorado Springs being put out), the timetable for removing it will depend upon a buyer stepping forward. Once I have a buyer and a deposit, I can have it out and shipped within 7 days.

Best price new, these go for $2,225 +shipping From MWR. I'll let it go for $1,900 with PayPal and FREE SHIPPNG to lower 48. PM me with any questions.

·
Registered
146 Posts
if only i had $1,900 :(

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
I have purchased a Celica 6spd from Curt in the past.
He also installed a TRD LSD into it for me.
EVERYTHING went very well.
I do recommend doing business with him and would buy this tranny if my situation were a bit different.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have purchased a Celica 6spd from Curt in the past.
He also installed a TRD LSD into it for me.
EVERYTHING went very well.
I do recommend doing business with him and would buy this tranny if my situation were a bit different.
Thanks for the props, Chris. Here's what the tranny looked like when it was delivered new-

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Installation of my C60 was about $550 and 6.5 hours at the local shop I used for mine. I guess I could have done it at home for free (and a boatload of cursing as well as lots of finger damage- it was worth having installed professionally).

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yup, that's why I am waiting for clutch to go bad. Got 55k on stock clutch.
With all due respect, unless (1) you don't know how to skillfully coordinate shifting and clutch engagement, (2) you intentionally brutalize your clutch, (3) you have some serious torque (such as supercharged or turbocharged), or (4) you spend weekends at the drag strip, you'd likey have another 100K+ miles left on a stock clutch.

·
Registered
354 Posts
With all due respect, unless (1) you don't know how to skillfully coordinate shifting and clutch engagement, (2) you intentionally brutalize your clutch, (3) you have some serious torque (such as supercharged or turbocharged), or (4) you spend weekends at the drag strip, you'd likey have another 100K+ miles left on a stock clutch.
DOH

I learned to drive a stick on this car AND i am the 5th owner (4 previous owners probably didn't care for clutch. Gonna sell it anyways).... does that shave off a few grand???

·
Registered
23,138 Posts
DOH

I learned to drive a stick on this car AND i am the 5th owner (4 previous owners probably didn't care for clutch. Gonna sell it anyways).... does that shave off a few grand???
You are making the assumption that everyone abuses the clutch. The reality is only bad drivers which are in the minority of ownership for this car who think burnouts are cool probably abused more then the clutch.

A good way to tell if your cars clutch was abused is if your car was plastered with stickers, a carbon fiber interior and a bad sounding exhaust.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.