MR2 SpyderChat banner
21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hpu kit

Hi,

My MR2 is sitting in my Garage with HPU needing replacement.

I would like to Buy one of your Kits ASAP so I can get it repaired and Drive Again.

Im in Australia, I cannot PM you as I haven't posted enough as of yet.

PM me Please

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

My MR2 is sitting in my Garage with HPU needing replacement.

I would like to Buy one of your Kits ASAP so I can get it repaired and Drive Again.

Im in Australia, I cannot PM you as I haven't posted enough as of yet.

PM me Please
A Big Thank you to CycleHead from Australia.

You are a Gentleman to Help out like you do.

My Kit is on the way from Cyclehead with No Hassles Whats so Ever

Thanks

Nordy East Gippsland Victoria Australia

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there, I'm in the UK and have just had the clutch replaced on my 2000 SMT, the workshop says ne seals are required before re-assembly. Are you still doing these kits and would you ship to UK? The mechanic/myself don't seem to be able to source them anywhere.

Cheers,
Paul
I still have seal kits. Happy to ship anywhere. Send me a PM for payment details.

Also, Stewart Yohn in UK is rebuilding GSA units if you don't want to rebuild it yourself.

do you still have the seal kit?

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi mate, I'm a bit late to the party but are you still doing the GSA overhaul kits please?

I'm going to look at a car this weekend with a leaking GSA; if that's all that's wrong with it i'll be keen to purchase the car and do the overhaul.

Is shipping to Australia an issue? Thanks in advance, Richard

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
hi mate, I'm a bit late to the party but are you still doing the GSA overhaul kits please?

I'm going to look at a car this weekend with a leaking GSA; if that's all that's wrong with it i'll be keen to purchase the car and do the overhaul.

Is shipping to Australia an issue? Thanks in advance, Richard
You have a couple of options. Graham Barratt in AUZ (on facebook) does quite a bit of work on SMTs, he might have a good used GSA that doesn’t leak. Stewart Yohn in UK sells rebuilt GSA units. (Also on facebook). Third option is rebuild your GSA by yourself using my seals. Shipping to AUZ is not a problem, just have to add about $10 extra for the shipping.

If you want to pursue rebuilding the GSA yourself, send me your email address and I will reply with pdf files attached. The pdf files I made include detailed instructions plus a lot of photographs, so you can decide if you want to tackle the job.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Cyclehead,
I'm keen on having a set of seals sent over to Australia. Let me know what suits you best in terms of payment/shipping.

On another note, thanks very much for what you're doing. It's rare to have such a supportive community for a car, and it was honestly part of the reason i bought one.
Kind Regards
Charles

·
Registered
6 Posts
О полезный пост, как с вами связаться, пока тока планирую заняться ремонтом. Пока что все хорошо. Хорошо такой набор держать у себя в гараже ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have finally rounded up replacement seals for both the GSA and HPU!
Thanks go to other Spyderchat folks who did groundwork, found suppliers, provided research and tips that allowed me to complete this project. (Months of work!)

GSA kit - $85
HPU kit - $85
Both kits - $150
Shipping in continental US is included.

These kits are a collection of all the EPDM seals and o-rings needed to replace all the rubber wear parts inside the HPU and GSA, plus most of the static seals for set screws, sensors, etc. I include a small container of DOW MolyKote 111 assembly lube to help the new seals seat and assemble properly. The HPU kit includes the metal encased press-in motor shaft seal that frequently fails (a hard to source part!)

The most common failure mode for SMT cars is:
1) the GSA seals leak, or HPU motor shaft seal leaks
2) the position sensors get drenched, or the pump motor quits running
3) your SMT system goes nuts
4) you come to Spyderchat looking for help

Two teflon piston seals in the GSA are NOT INCLUDED, but I haven't seen any failures due to wear on these two parts.

Here's my post describing how to remove the GSA from the car - LINK
Here's my post describing how to disassemble the GSA - LINK

HPU shaft seal:

GSA kit photo:

Kit Contents Table:
HI...im from Malaysia .How or where to buy GSA and HPU? Because my smt pump problem...Thank you ...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have finally rounded up replacement seals for both the GSA and HPU!
Thanks go to other Spyderchat folks who did groundwork, found suppliers, provided research and tips that allowed me to complete this project. (Months of work!)

GSA kit - $85
HPU kit - $85
Both kits - $160
Shipping in continental US is included.

These kits are a collection of all the EPDM seals and o-rings needed to replace all the rubber wear parts inside the HPU and GSA, plus most of the static seals for set screws, sensors, etc. I include a small container of DOW MolyKote 111 assembly lube to help the new seals seat and assemble properly. The HPU kit includes the metal encased press-in motor shaft seal that frequently fails (a hard to source part!)

The most common failure mode for SMT cars is:
1) the GSA seals leak, or HPU motor shaft seal leaks
2) the position sensors get drenched, or the pump motor quits running
3) your SMT system goes nuts
4) you come to Spyderchat looking for help

Two teflon piston seals in the GSA are NOT INCLUDED, but I haven't seen any failures due to wear on these two parts.

Here's my post describing how to remove the GSA from the car - LINK
Here's my post describing how to disassemble the GSA - LINK
Alternatively, I am happy to send you a link to updated files on Google documents. Send me a PM with your email address.

HPU shaft seal:

GSA kit photo:

Kit Contents Table:
i would like to purchase one of these gsa and hpu seal repair kits if still available.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts