MR2 SpyderChat banner
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I plan to keep these up for sale, and maintain some stock. I just filled up half of my bins, and ordered another batch to top up the ones that were getting low. As long as my suppliers keep coming through I should be able to keep making up kits.
I would like to purchase a seal Kit for the GSA. can you advise method of payment and shipping.
I received a Email from you, but it has mysteriously disappeared.
Your instructions are concise and easy to follow.
great job.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have finally rounded up replacement seals for both the GSA and HPU!
Thanks go to other Spyderchat folks who did groundwork, found suppliers, provided research and tips that allowed me to complete this project. (Months of work!)

GSA kit - $85
HPU kit - $85
Both kits - $160
Shipping in continental US is included.

These kits are a collection of all the EPDM seals and o-rings needed to replace all the rubber wear parts inside the HPU and GSA, plus most of the static seals for set screws, sensors, etc. I include a small container of DOW MolyKote 111 assembly lube to help the new seals seat and assemble properly. The HPU kit includes the metal encased press-in motor shaft seal that frequently fails (a hard to source part!)

The most common failure mode for SMT cars is:
1) the GSA seals leak, or HPU motor shaft seal leaks
2) the position sensors get drenched, or the pump motor quits running
3) your SMT system goes nuts
4) you come to Spyderchat looking for help

Two teflon piston seals in the GSA are NOT INCLUDED, but I haven't seen any failures due to wear on these two parts.

Here's my post describing how to remove the GSA from the car - LINK
Here's my post describing how to disassemble the GSA - LINK
Alternatively, I am happy to send you a link to updated files on Google documents. Send me a PM with your email address.

HPU shaft seal:

GSA kit photo:

Kit Contents Table:
Thanks go to other Spyderchat folks who did groundwork, found suppliers, provided research and tips that allowed me to complete this project. (Months of work!)

GSA kit - $85
HPU kit - $85
Both kits - $160
Shipping in continental US is included.

These kits are a collection of all the EPDM seals and o-rings needed to replace all the rubber wear parts inside the HPU and GSA, plus most of the static seals for set screws, sensors, etc. I include a small container of DOW MolyKote 111 assembly lube to help the new seals seat and assemble properly. The HPU kit includes the metal encased press-in motor shaft seal that frequently fails (a hard to source part!)

Two teflon piston seals in the GSA are NOT INCLUDED, but I haven't seen any failures due to wear on these two parts.

Alternatively, I am happy to send you a link to updated files on Google documents. Send me a PM with your email address.

HPU shaft seal:

GSA kit photo:

Kit Contents Table:
can you sent me a set.

·
Registered
93 Posts
cyclehead,

I don't know why I can't send you a pm but..... here I am.

I would like to order sets of both hpu/gsa rebuild kit if available.

Please, pm me with paypal info or email me [email protected]

Thank you

Rey

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Cyclehead,

I am interested in getting a rebuild kit for the HPU & GSA.

Also, any leads on a replacement cap for the HPU reservoir? The guy I bought the car from lost it.

V/R

Scott
Please message me. I need your shipping address.

·
Registered
1 Posts

GSA kit - $85
HPU kit - $85
Both kits - $160
Shipping in continental US is usually about $8-$10 extra, and about $40 to other countries.

HPU shaft seal:

GSA kit photo:

Kit Contents Table:
I would like to purchase the GSA kit also please?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Excellent write up. I’ve got the same pump for a different application. Can you please tell me the orientation of the little groove that keeps the swash plate from rotating? When the unit is mounted in the car, is the groove on the top, bottom, or side?

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Excellent write up. I’ve got the same pump for a different application. Can you please tell me the orientation of the little groove that keeps the swash plate from rotating? When the unit is mounted in the car, is the groove on the top, bottom, or side?
Same pump? I’d love to know where this pump is used besides the spyder! Does this picture help with orientation?
Font Screenshot Personal protective equipment Fictional character Darkness

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks. I saw that picture, but I am not familiar with the Spyder. Is this orientation in the picture the same as it is sitting in the car? Top is up?

I posted in another thread first. Mine is used in a Carlisle Hydrastar trailer brake actuator. I found that it is a Parker Oildyne mini piston pump.

repairing HPU

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Thanks. I saw that picture, but I am not familiar with the Spyder. Is this orientation in the picture the same as it is sitting in the car? Top is up?

I posted in another thread first. Mine is used in a Carlisle Hydrastar trailer brake actuator. I found that it is a Parker Oildyne mini piston pump.

repairing HPU
Sorry I missed your post in the other thread earlier. I will check orientation of the lug tomorrow. I think the lug points down but I will confirm. I posted some other questions in the other thread also.

41 - 60 of 75 Posts