MR2 SpyderChat banner
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have finally rounded up replacement seals for both the GSA and HPU!
Thanks go to other Spyderchat folks who did groundwork, found suppliers, provided research and tips that allowed me to complete this project. (Months of work!)

GSA kit - $85
HPU kit - $85
Both kits - $160
Shipping in continental US is usually about $8-$10 extra, and about $40 to other countries.

These kits are a collection of all the EPDM seals and o-rings needed to replace all the rubber wear parts inside the HPU and GSA, plus most of the static seals for set screws, sensors, etc. I include a small container of DOW MolyKote 111 assembly lube to help the new seals seat and assemble properly. The HPU kit includes the metal encased press-in motor shaft seal that frequently fails (a hard to source part!)

The most common failure mode for SMT cars is:
1) the GSA seals leak, or HPU motor shaft seal leaks
2) the position sensors get drenched, or the pump motor quits running
3) your SMT system goes nuts
4) you come to Spyderchat looking for help

Two teflon piston seals in the GSA are NOT INCLUDED, but I haven't seen any failures due to wear on these two parts.

Here's my post describing how to remove the GSA from the car - LINK
Here's my post describing how to disassemble the GSA - LINK
Here are my HPU removal and overhaul instructions - LINK
Alternatively, I am happy to send you a link to updated files on Google documents. Send me a PM with your email address.

HPU shaft seal:

GSA kit photo:

Kit Contents Table:
I plan to keep these up for sale, and maintain some stock. I just filled up half of my bins, and ordered another batch to top up the ones that were getting low. As long as my suppliers keep coming through I should be able to keep making up kits.
dear cycle head how can i order thoses kits ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks go to other Spyderchat folks who did groundwork, found suppliers, provided research and tips that allowed me to complete this project. (Months of work!)

GSA kit - $85
HPU kit - $85
Both kits - $160
Shipping in continental US is usually about $8-$10 extra, and about $40 to other countries.

These kits are a collection of all the EPDM seals and o-rings needed to replace all the rubber wear parts inside the HPU and GSA, plus most of the static seals for set screws, sensors, etc. I include a small container of DOW MolyKote 111 assembly lube to help the new seals seat and assemble properly. The HPU kit includes the metal encased press-in motor shaft seal that frequently fails (a hard to source part!)

Two teflon piston seals in the GSA are NOT INCLUDED, but I haven't seen any failures due to wear on these two parts.

Alternatively, I am happy to send you a link to updated files on Google documents. Send me a PM with your email address.

HPU shaft seal:

GSA kit photo:

Kit Contents Table:
How do I contact you to buy a gsa kit

·
Registered
3 Posts

GSA kit - $95
HPU kit - $85
Both kits - $180

These kits are a collection of all the EPDM seals and o-rings needed to replace all the rubber wear parts inside the HPU and GSA, plus all of the static seals for set screws, sensors, etc. I include a container of DOW MolyKote 111 assembly lube to help the new seals seat and assemble properly. The HPU kit includes the metal encased press-in motor shaft seal that frequently fails (a hard to source part!). The GSA kit now includes a very helpful assembly tool (discontinued by Toyota).

HPU shaft seal:

GSA kit photo:
View attachment 92845

GSA “fixing tool” - included in my GSA repair seal kit:
View attachment 92847

HPU kit photo: View attachment 92846

Kit Contents Table:
I installed your kit and no leaks now I cant get the trans to work. It all worked fine before the leak. any advice as what to do now. My toyota dealer was no help

·
Registered
2003 Toyota MR2 Spyder 2.0L Stroker
4,144 Posts
I installed your kit and no leaks now I cant get the trans to work. It all worked fine before the leak. any advice as what to do now. My toyota dealer was no help
Did you replace the HPU or GSA. GSA only requires a relearn. The HPU needs to be primed.

·
Registered
5,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
I emailed you. Don’t bother with the dealer. It’s very unlikely they have any expertise whatsoever.

·
Registered
1 Posts

GSA kit - $95
HPU kit - $85
Both kits - $180

These kits are a collection of all the EPDM seals and o-rings needed to replace all the rubber wear parts inside the HPU and GSA, plus all of the static seals for set screws, sensors, etc. I include a container of DOW MolyKote 111 assembly lube to help the new seals seat and assemble properly. The HPU kit includes the metal encased press-in motor shaft seal that frequently fails (a hard to source part!). The GSA kit now includes a very helpful assembly tool (discontinued by Toyota).

HPU shaft seal:

GSA kit photo:
View attachment 92845

GSA “fixing tool” - included in my GSA repair seal kit:
View attachment 92847

HPU kit photo: View attachment 92846

Kit Contents Table:
Looking for seals for hpu,how do I contact you? Thanks

61 - 75 of 75 Posts