MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Guys,

I will be having a few parts up for sale in the coming weeks, this is already off the car.

First up is my UniChip which I picked up here on the boards back in April. Here is the original Sale thread where I purchased it from.

This unit had 0 issues on my 1zz and gave no Cel code. The Butt Dyno def felt the diff when I installed this unit and I still got 34 average to the gallon with it on the B map.

I def have enjoyed the little extra it gave the 1zz so now it is time to pass this on to the next Owner.

This is completely plug and play. I have everything I got when I purchased it. Box and all the paper work. UniChip still looks new and everything works as it should.

My set up was PPE Intake, Che Header and TM Duals for those wondering.

SOLD

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
I have a 1zz emanage with pnp harness if you are interested in a trade?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Did you get 163hp when you dyno'd on your car or is that the dyno figure from Unichip's test vehicle? Regardless, a genuine 25hp bump for $400 seems to be a very good deal for the 1zz! Obviously the whole power/torque curve is v. important, but talking about peak power alone.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, I never had my car dyno'd after installing this. The 163.6hp is from the UniChip Site Dyno. I tried finding the number graph but they have changed up there website and no longer show this specific dyno, only a generic 1zz pull

http://www.unichip.com/Toyota_1ZZ_FE.html

For the price and difficulty of install this was a good deal to me which is why I picked it up in the first place. It made driving the little 1zz powered Deuce a bit more fun :cool:

As most of us know the 1zz is not a performance engine and getting anything out of it short of going force induction is not an easy thing to do. Adding simple bolt on parts like intake header and exhaust wont do much for it other then give you a placebo effect and sound better?

I am in the middle of doing a 2zz swap, which is the only reason I am selling this UniChip.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Is this still available. Shoot me a pm, I'm interested.
At the moment there are a few folks interested in it. I have a front runner for now which is local and has said he will pick up by the 6th, which would be this Saturday.

But the part is first to pay gets it.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Not trying to thread jack, but I also have the same Unichip I am willing to sell at the same price. It is a GREAT modification. I ran it for a month before I picked up a PE turbo setup. You can definitely feel the extra power. I was running a short ram cold air intake with PPE headers and PPE high flow cat along with Team Moon Duals and it kicked you in the pants.

Flip the switch to map B and you can get over 40 MPG. It is one of the best mods out there for the naturally aspirated 1ZZ.

Shoot me a PM if you are interested. I even have the blank warranty card as well.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts

Oh and I love my unichip but it's not for sale.

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
To provide some feedback on the product .. This is a very easy modification that makes the most of your bolt-on upgrades like intake, header, and exhaust. You'll need to access the ECU by pulling a couple of screws to remove the storage door and a couple of bolts to remove the floor of the rear storage area. Once you have access to the ECU, the Plug & Play harness is VERY simple to install.

Rich

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you for the Chips input, def worth the money imo. It def has made the little 1zz more fun to drive around.

At the moment the UniChip is "PENDING PAYMENT"

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
payment received and will pm you your tracking number as soon as I get the shipping address :biggthumpup:

SOLD

Thanks For Everyones Interest.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.