MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Was new to Spyderchat a few months back, unfortunately my 2001 with 30,000 miles was totaled in a hail storm. Have a few items that need to go.

Che Header (1ZZ), with gasket, never installed......Sold

TRD Ball Style Shift Knob......SOLD

Shop Manual.....SOLD

"Cowboy Hat" front emblem as well as "Toyota" Rear emblem....SOLD

2001 Owners Manual (not pictured).....$30

Stock Stereo....Sold

All prices include shipping. Please PM any questions. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Totalled? Was it hailing bowling balls?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Totalled? Was it hailing bowling balls?
I know the old saying "it's raining golf ball sized hail" gets thrown around a lot, but I was in my company car at work facing my Spyder watching the hail come down and it looked like a Michael Bay film the way the car was being beaten. In the end, every last panel was trashed, holes through the top, windshield smashed, even the taillights didn't survive. I was sick to my stomach.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Sorry to hear about your car man, that must've been a painful experience to watch your car like that. Hope you find a great new car and GLWS.

·
Registered
7,777 Posts
I know the old saying "it's raining golf ball sized hail" gets thrown around a lot, but I was in my company car at work facing my Spyder watching the hail come down and it looked like a Michael Bay film the way the car was being beaten. In the end, every last panel was trashed, holes through the top, windshield smashed, even the taillights didn't survive. I was sick to my stomach.
So, uh, where are you located, and what's the insurance buyback? :)
I suspect it's past that point, though.

Totaled (definition varies by state) = something like repair estimate > 70% of book value. Hood, fenders, quarters, taillights, windshield & soft top will pretty much total any spyder on the road by my calculations (even Marcelo's pretty red 2ZZ ;) ).

Now (again, depending on state) if you don't accept the 'totaled' offer, but instead take the amount minus the buyback, your car will still have a clean title, but you will be $1K or so poorer.... but you'll still have your car. $250 for a new windshield, $100 for used taillights, $1200 (?) for a set of used body panels, and $500 (plus a good 8 hours of your labor) for a new softtop and then a paint job $$$ and you're back on the road with a new-looking, clean-title car. Worth it? Hard to say - it would be to me, might not be to you.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Shift knob and shop manual sold. Anyone else interested in the header? Owners manual? Bueller? Bueller?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Owners manual on eBay now for $20. Make ANY reasonable offer on header, about to throw out radio if somebody needs it pay shipping only, maybe $15?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts