MR2 SpyderChat banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For sale is a wrecked stage rally car. 2001 MR2 with clean title. Raced in 6 events - last was Plenty of Tarmac in Kentucky 2020. NASA logbook, lots of spares (including complete engine, BC coilovers, control arms, etc.), 6 gravel wheels/tires, 7 street wheels/tires. Hotbits double adjustable rally coilovers, full underbody protection, 2zz engine, 6 speed manual, OEM hardtop, ABS intact. No AC, aftermarket heat and defrost setup. Borla muffler - no fart can sound and has a good noise level balance with comm system. Won Sandblast 2wd first time out, recently 2nd 2wd at Raven Rock RallySprint. Only DNF besides the big off was breaking a stock axle. Has since been replaced with "500hp" units.

Needs front passenger suspension/coilover, headlights, radiator, hardtop glass, taillights, and just about every body panel repaired or replaced (hood - light damage, trunk and doors are fine). Besides the mechanical repairs, just needs new 5/6 point belts and fire extinguisher to be gravel or tarmac rally ready. Has Sparco seats (non halo) and intercom. Still cranks right up. 170k miles on shell, some rust, not a perfect car but what a blast to drive. Currently has widebody kit, but I have all the stock panels to replace if desired. Would recommend for people under 6'0"/200lbs. Can include suit/helmet/HANS.

You can check out my build thread under Owner Photos --> Rally mr-s for more pics. I would repair it myself, but I have a lot less free time lately and I'm ready for something different.

Asking $6500, located near Atlanta, GA.

imgur.com

·
Registered
128 Posts
So sorry, such is the life of a rally car. I’ve written off two, rx7 and 914. My last and best one is in a garage not having run for 15 years. At least yours went out on stage. GLWS!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Really sorry this happened, Hope you are okay. I was wondering if you would consider selling some parts by itself? specifically seats and muffler. ( I am located in Atlanta, so no shipping needed)

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Do you have any more pictures for the car that shows the damaged areas? Is it too much to fix or are you just moving on?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Really sorry this happened, Hope you are okay. I was wondering if you would consider selling some parts by itself? specifically seats and muffler. ( I am located in Atlanta, so no shipping needed)
Really sorry to hear. It was an epic thread. In Atlanta as well. Interested in hard top and things like hans/seat bracket/NRG/Oil Cooler/Oil Pan.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, everyone is okay, safety gear did its job well. Currently trying to sell as a package, but will most likely be parting out in the coming months, and I will start a new thread if I do part out - you are on the list though for the items requested.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you have any more pictures for the car that shows the damaged areas? Is it too much to fix or are you just moving on?
Currently the car is sitting in the trailer. I can grab some more damage pics tomorrow. I would definitely rebuild, just very limited free time in my new situation and ready for something different. So a lack of time and motivation to bring it back to life.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Really sorry to hear. It was an epic thread. In Atlanta as well. Interested in hard top and things like hans/seat bracket/NRG/Oil Cooler/Oil Pan.
It is heartbreaking to put up for sale. I have been contemplating what to do for months and finally reached this conclusion. I'll put you on the list if I do part out.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Currently the car is sitting in the trailer. I can grab some more damage pics tomorrow. I would definitely rebuild, just very limited free time in my new situation and ready for something different. So a lack of time and motivation to bring it back to life.
Thanks. Possibly interested in the whole car, etc.

·
Registered
27 Posts
It is heartbreaking to put up for sale. I have been contemplating what to do for months and finally reached this conclusion. I'll put you on the list if I do part out.
I bet. Just glad you guys are okay. Hopefully someone will put the Spyder (or the parts) to good use after.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts