MR2 SpyderChat banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried a fuel pump from Deatschwerks? Guys from the Honda world have a lot of good things to say about their fuel pumps, one being that they're a lot quieter than the Walbro.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Has anyone tried a fuel pump from Deatschwerks? Guys from the Honda world have a lot of good things to say about their fuel pumps, one being that they're a lot quieter than the Walbro.
My question was to get specific feedback on the fuel pump from Deatschwerks.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I was about to call you out for double posting when I realized that this is Spyderchat and the other post was on NC.org :D

Unfortunately as I said over there I have not tried one - only Walboro.

As something to think on, we don't really hear the Walboro fuel pump at all in the sypder we dynamated.

·
Registered
9,957 Posts
Ive used their injectors when they were only doing injectors. They worked fine and even had individual flow charts. Guess they are getting into other fuel related parts. Cant say much other than I would definitely buy from them again.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ive used their injectors when they were only doing injectors. They worked fine and even had individual flow charts. Guess they are getting into other fuel related parts. Cant say much other than I would definitely buy from them again.
I've used them for almost ten years to clean and flow-match used injectors before I'd install them. They've always struck me as top-notch. And Sammy, with all of the sound-deadening you padded that whole area with, I'm not at all surprised. I guess I'm a bit like you and Mandalay: always looking for little ways to refine things. But first will be installing a hoist-n-pulley system in the garage ceiling for my hardtop to make installing and removing it a one-man operation.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I didn't put into words but thats why I would buy from them again. Be the guinea pig for us. ^_^
I'm definitely going with their fuel pump on my upcoming Rotrexing of the 2008 Civic Si Sedan. But my real curiosity is about how well their fuel pump(s) can adapt to the Toyota.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Cant comment on that fuel pump but do look at its current requirements and see if the standard wiring is good enough. Most of the guys in the SW20 world which i have also done is to use the stock fuel pump wire to power another relay and get power straight from the battery. Properly fused and thicker wire.

·
Premium Member
3,160 Posts
Cant comment on that fuel pump but do look at its current requirements and see if the standard wiring is good enough. Most of the guys in the SW20 world which i have also done is to use the stock fuel pump wire to power another relay and get power straight from the battery. Properly fused and thicker wire.
I use the walboro wiring havent had a problem yet

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
just to update installed aeromotive fuel pump today Had to trim away some plastic parts to make it fit also didnt fit with the filter attached :angry:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.