MR2 SpyderChat banner

Fuel Pump Alternative

2K views 29 replies 9 participants last post by  Gts*Jason 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried a fuel pump from Deatschwerks? Guys from the Honda world have a lot of good things to say about their fuel pumps, one being that they're a lot quieter than the Walbro.

#7 ·
I was about to call you out for double posting when I realized that this is Spyderchat and the other post was on NC.org :D

Unfortunately as I said over there I have not tried one - only Walboro.

As something to think on, we don't really hear the Walboro fuel pump at all in the sypder we dynamated.

#11 ·
Ive used their injectors when they were only doing injectors. They worked fine and even had individual flow charts. Guess they are getting into other fuel related parts. Cant say much other than I would definitely buy from them again.
I've used them for almost ten years to clean and flow-match used injectors before I'd install them. They've always struck me as top-notch. And Sammy, with all of the sound-deadening you padded that whole area with, I'm not at all surprised. I guess I'm a bit like you and Mandalay: always looking for little ways to refine things. But first will be installing a hoist-n-pulley system in the garage ceiling for my hardtop to make installing and removing it a one-man operation.

#16 ·
Cant comment on that fuel pump but do look at its current requirements and see if the standard wiring is good enough. Most of the guys in the SW20 world which i have also done is to use the stock fuel pump wire to power another relay and get power straight from the battery. Properly fused and thicker wire.

#20 ·
just to update installed aeromotive fuel pump today Had to trim away some plastic parts to make it fit also didnt fit with the filter attached :angry:

#22 ·
my walbro was noisy has hell! I hate it and also wasnt providing enough fuel now my aeromotive is overkill but guess what is SIlent you wouldnt notice is there

#26 ·
I'd heard that you've got to watch the e-Bay deals. So far everything I've gotten from MWR has been top drawer, with the exception of some problems with the PnP wiring harness for the AEM F/IC and they're working on that to make it right. Don't know if it's the harness or the AEM unit.

#27 ·
well I realize I could have use the 1140 better since that was the design of the walbro I had already I had to trim the 1142 it have some plastic thing that dont make it fit. Also had to mount it without a filter like my walbro. Apart from that it flows a lot of more fuel that much that I lost my WOt tune and the best part is that is Quiet is silent it doesnt make any sound :lol:

#29 ·
I know its an old thread, but I was searching for fuel pumps and came upon this.

Deatschwerks has a very good reputation from the high HP guys. From what a supra/2jZ guy told me the impeller is very different from the Walbro. It uses a turbine style impeller or something that is much quieter. Long story short Aeromotive is the next best thing, and Walbro is NOT a good solution, very old technology (hence the price tag).

Walbros are hit or miss, in my Gen4 MK2 its not that loud. I've put them in customer cars before and the SCREAM and annoy them to death.

I ended up with an Aeromotive in my IS300 (Supra drivetrain), only becuase its what the shop had on hand and I was in a hurry. It flows well enough for 400whp at 90% duty cycle, and has a bit of a whine but nothing like bad Walbro whine.

2 cents...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.